Keyo

Black Magics new mistress Sassy Saturn G60

2 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’m sure it’ll look a dam site better after a refurb, it definitely needs it. It’ll drive better than new when you’ve finished, no stone unturned and all that. 

Sure mate the car has done 185 k / I primarily purchased it as it had the combo of mint recaro and Saturn silver , there is no evidence of crash damage either - it’s a high miler but will drive and  look mint - it’s running 190 bhp Jabba reckon with a stage 2 so would give a stock vr a good run for its money , 

ive purchased a recaro seat cover for protection and will lanoguard the nee bits for winter protection ., I don’t spend enough time driving the Corrado so looking forward to daily driving it . Them 16 RZ should look the nuts on her .  I will get a good video of the car when i collect her from Jabba and ask them to leave it on the ramp - its has miltek exhaust that looks in good nick - also put some new drives shafts as well as they looked minging. 

Edited by Keyo

20 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Wow I missed out on this!! I guess I wasn't "following" this thread so never got updates. That and I haven't been looking around in the forum in a while with the busy summer. Anyways, congrats mate nice looking car. You sure have the ultimate collection now! Very nice and quick progress on this one as well. I've been thinking of buying a Jetta MK2 lately, saw a woman driving one last week, she's the original owner. Not a GTI like yours but I kind of like the Jettas of that era too. 

Anyways! Keep up the good work cheers JF 

Ps: my name is on your plate ha ha 

The big bumper Jetta 16V is a very rare car in the UK now I think they look pretty awesome - I believe the jetta was more common in the Americans market - vw even changed the branding after the Jetta to Vento to try and up sales but also dived in the UK- we love hot hatchbacks here and the practicality of the luggage area. 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Sure mate the car has done 185 k / I primarily purchased it as it had the combo of mint recaro and Saturn silver , there is no evidence of crash damage either - it’s a high miler but will drive and  look mint - it’s running 190 bhp Jabba reckon with a stage 2 so would give a stock vr a good run for its money , 

ive purchased a recaro seat cover for protection and will lanoguard the nee bits for winter protection ., I don’t spend enough time driving the Corrado so looking forward to daily driving it . Them 16 RZ should look the nuts on her .  I will get a good video of the car when i collect her from Jabba and ask them to leave it on the ramp - its has miltek exhaust that looks in good nick - also put some new drives shafts as well as they looked minging. 

What make drive shafts did you go for?

13 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

What make drive shafts did you go for?

The Brummie specials I think you know the ones. 

1 hour ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

J & R

i can’t fault them yet

Good service for sure at that price worth buying spares whilst available in all honesty. 

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

The big bumper Jetta 16V is a very rare car in the UK now I think they look pretty awesome - I believe the jetta was more common in the Americans market - vw even changed the branding after the Jetta to Vento to try and up sales but also dived in the UK- we love hot hatchbacks here and the practicality of the luggage area. 

You may be right. But for some reason the Jetta grew on me as I aged I guess, don't know! Used to have a GTI 1991 16V back in the days. Anyways, I'm thinking it would make a great first car for my son and my wife also to learn changing gears before she tries the Corrado one day! 

Back to the main subject, I see there's even more parts now! Looks the s*#t mate, you definitely know where you are going with it. I'll keep a more attentive eye now, cheers! 

2 minutes ago, ABV-VR6 said:

You may be right. But for some reason the Jetta grew on me as I aged I guess, don't know! Used to have a GTI 1991 16V back in the days. Anyways, I'm thinking it would make a great first car for my son and my wife also to learn changing gears before she tries the Corrado one day! 

Back to the main subject, I see there's even more parts now! Looks the s*#t mate, you definitely know where you are going with it. I'll keep a more attentive eye now, cheers! 

Good man there will be some juicy pics coming soon - vr gets all the praise but with a relative inexpensive small pulley and chip  -  Can put the car right on it toes - I’m looking forward to giving my mate in his vr a race . 

Edited by Keyo

Oh I'm sure, there's going to be more and I'll keep an eye out for it! I think the G60 is a great car, I almost prefer more the front end looking more like a MK2 than the VR with its MK3 influences. Might be less finesse but I've read it corners better than the VR6 due to less wait and difference in the front suspension. Anyway mate, keep up the good work as you always do. Cheers 

Forgot to mention the other day - whilst at Jabba he had the charger off and informed me its in fact a stage 4 and my documents show it had a tune from jabba to - it also has a cat delete miltek so if the engine is heathy which it does run good to be honest. it should take a stock VR as running approx 200 bhp Brian said from Jabba- I fancy my chances with my mates aqua with the schrick- time will tell. . 

Edited by Keyo

haha that is good news on the Stage 4. Lighter than a VR too and no doubt will handle or at least feel more nimble up front too. 

Shame they whine like a nagging wife 😄