Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

Squeeking brakes

i fitted new standard disc's and some Pagid brake pads to my G60 and (after the 200mile light braking period) there was squeeking coming from the brakes wen braking .... i have read bout this B4 and so i did a search and tryed the things people suggested .... but the problem is still there... durring the search sum1 mentioned that his m8 had the same prob and they ground the lip off the side/edge of the disc's and this solved the problem, does this sound possible??

could it be the Calipers??... old and warn guide's prehaps.... im just at a loss as 2 what it could be and it can be quite embarrassing wen ppl turn n look, because of a horrible noise.

ohh forgot to mention that it only happens wen in town .... (slow, light braking)

im happy with the performance of the pads just not the noise.

thanx for help

Did you clean the guides and use copper grease on them and the backing of the pads???

Take them off again, check the rubber seals round the pistons and re-grease, If the pads are shiney then sand them down slightly and go thru the bedding in process again...

Did you clean the guides and use copper grease on them and the backing of the pads???

Take them off again, check the rubber seals round the pistons and re-grease, If the pads are shiney then sand them down slightly and go thru the bedding in process again...

i cleaned the guides but didnt copper grease them :oops: i did however copper grease the back of the pads, also i dont have the caps that sit over the pistons as they were missing wen i bought the car and only noticed wen i changed the pads. could this be a added factor of the problem??

im gonna strip em down again soon, if i need the caps that go on the pistons do you know if they are a dealer part only??

thanx 4 your help

Let me know how you get on as its also getting on my tits, mind you I never replaced the discs so could be all my fault and just warped discks :(