Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

Water light

My water light keeps coming on, the level is always just inbetween max and min and its deffinately pumping, ive tried changing the expansion tanks but that didnt appear to sort it, the car doesnt over heat and it runs like normal apart from not bein horribly keen to fire up in the mornin, its a 1.8 16 valve by the way

Anyone got any ideas, as i say its not affecting the runnin of the car but drivin at night with a big red led flashin in my face is seriously hampering my enjoyment of my rad

Cheers

Ross

The flashing light is purely an indication of the fluid level in the expansion tank, and nothing to do with temperature, so I do not believe temperature senders come into that particular problem. It will be the level sensor in the expansion tank or the wiring to it. I don't know if you changed the sensor with the expansion tank.

You say you have starting problems; that may indeed be the blue temperature sender playing up.

Best wishes

RB

Mine used to do that but doesnt anymore. Didnt change anything but I think it just the fluid level sensor taking the piss.

The flashing light is purely an indication of the fluid level in the expansion tank, and nothing to do with temperature, so I do not believe temperature senders come into that particular problem. It will be the level sensor in the expansion tank or the wiring to it. I don't know if you changed the sensor with the expansion tank.

You say you have starting problems; that may indeed be the blue temperature sender playing up.

Best wishes

RB

Where abouts is this blue temp sender guys???

on the very front of the engine in the plastic flange which the top pipe to the radiator attaches to... 8)

Make sure you also get a seal with the sensor! ;) :lol:

I have just had the same problem with mine. On the top of the expansion tank there is a connector that pullsoff. To eliminate whether its the tank or the wiring do the following:

1) Obtain a small peice of wire and "BRIDGE" the connector and see if the light still comes on, ensuring its taped up well not to cause a short. If it doesn't then the probes in the tank are faulty, as these splay out and no longer penertrate low enough into the water therefore, it things there is no water in the tank. If it still comes on (ensure bridge is patent) then it could be a wiring fault.

I did this on mine and ran it for a couple of weeks while continuing to check the water level, and the light neve came on. reattached the connector on top of the tank and its been spot on ever since.

Try it All the best

BORAT :D