Sign in to follow this  
CorradoWannabe

From 1.8 16V Corrado to 1.2 Vauxhall Corsa :(

Corrado is at the mechanics having both the door handles done - so rather than getting the train i rented a car for the first time today - as im 22 i could only have a low spec car - i got given a Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 - what a cruel turn of fate that i went from a Corrado to this!

1. When idling i think the car has stalled as i cant hear the usual rumble from the exhaust on my Corrado :wink:

2. Straight line - no probs - when i start cornering i feel the car is gonna tip and i scream :roll:

3. I think i got about 45mpg instead of 28! :)

Hopefully i'll be back in the real thing by tomorrow evening 8)

You luck bugger, just got my C back, and i have been running around in a rover 114 AKA METRO, for the last 3 weeks beacuse the clutch went in mine so i had 2 borrow my sis's car, agree with the cornering, and 108 in a metro is some scary sh*t i can tell u!

Couldnt get over it cost 19 quid 2 fill it up!! BONUS!

But picked my baby up from mr clutch today, so its all good again!.......

Was driving my old mans Mercedes 200TE estate the other night and will be over the weekend! Its GREAT for shifting stuff around as the boot is like the Tardis, but time travel is something it sure aint capable of.. you get used to the torque that a supercharger gives you and going from my G60 to this 2 litre hulk really is kinda funny. On hills I was like shouting at the car - "Where the hell is the power! Come on!!"

Still.. for a 150,000 miler she's remarkably free of rattles and at idle you just don't hear the engine.. in fact you can barely hear it till about 2,800RPM.. being as she is an old timer and because Mercs aren't sposed to be thrashed, I set that as my shift up limit :D :)

Jeez, I'm training it at the moment - absolute hell. Then my buddy asked me to drop him off to pick up another car. His car was a Fiesta - gutless bag of bolts, and turning a corner was a nightmare!! I can't believe Ford are still producing the old crossflow engine, that block came out in the early 60's.

Can't wait until I get my C back!

You are all lucky mine has a fuel leak and i am walking everywhere. Half an hour to work when it usually takes me 5 mins in the car.

I've been PAYING to drive a 1.2 Punto for the last 5 weeks while my car's been off the road... :evil:

Not fun... :(

Soooooo can't wait until I get the pistons back from being modified and get the engine back together again... 8)

well guys..i now have my polo 16v...not a bad car at all, quite nippy...but no corrado :roll:

Oh well...could be worse...i could be in a corsa 1.2 ahaha :p