Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Aluminium tube and hose connectors, clips etc

Darren,

I've got a K&N cone filter on my VR. I want to buy a bit of tube and a connector to move it to where the carbon canister is.

mate go down to ur local stainless steel exhuast place and they can make it up in 10 mins and wont cost alot :)

also only used stainless steel jubilee clips wont break like the other crappy ones out there

I'm after something like this too - CAI kits are an absolute rip off for what they are.

Alex, would these places have aluminium stuff as well as the stainless steel?

dont know if they would

but u def can go and get alu pipe work from metal shops etc and take it to exhuast pleace to bend it for u :D

personally i had my Alu pipe supplied by JMR but they where only straight pieces

So, am guessing that you'll need the straight bit and the 90 degree bend + the fitting kit. All for well under £50. Then all you need is any old K & N with 80mm fitment.

Nope the guy has mailed me back saying they are to replace the standard hoses and not for cone filter relocation. Cant see how that works???!!!

They are too short. Having looked at my engine bay the angle has to be 110 degrees or there abouts.

Hmmm... bit strange :?

Maybe it would be worth just going for one of the CAI's that are always on US Ebay. At least the pipes would be the correct length, and if the filter is shite I can just bin it and get a K & N. In theory this should be such a simple mod to do :roll:

Could it be done with some Samco? Never had any experience with it, but it would be easy to make it fit. Just depends how rigid and heat resistant it is.