Sign in to follow this  
destructiv dave

One speed wipers

Having just carried out an engine replacement on a friend's Corrado with everything going to plan, I became aware that the wipers only worked on their fastest setting, and when you turned the wipers off they would stop immediately in whatever position they were in at the time, resulting in skill being needed to get them to stop at the bottom of the screen.

I checked the connectors at the stalk, and at the motor but these seem fine. I also checked the fuse and made sure the relays were all pushed in. There is no clicking from the relay when I put it on intermittent, so I am moving towards a relay problem but have never heard anything about wiper relays going.

Any help would be most appreciated to sort out this little niggle, that could prove to be a pain as we approach winter.

Cheers,

David

Wiper relays do indeed go - mine started to misbehave the other week by giving me the same symptoms - no intermittent wipe and only max speed wiping.

Though oddly after removing it and replugging it in again, it worked again. But i'd say the relay is whats to blame.

jimsG60,

Brilliant, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Don't suppose you know which relay it is as I am new to Corrado's and haven't bought a Bentley or any other publication in order to help myself.

Cheers,

David

Hm... I have a terrible memory but I think if you look at the relay board its 2nd row down, 4th or 5th along? Sure there is a little illustrated bit stamped in the plastic on the fuseboard to tell you which is which though? :)