Sign in to follow this  
RACK

Throttle cable

yup, dead simple! 8)

take off the lower dash shelf (drivers side :roll: :lol: ) and then get your head in down there... You'll see the cable on the left hand side of the pedal cluster - (YES, I DO mean left side! ) Unhook it and push it up a little bit.

In the engine bay, un clip the cable from the throttle, and feed it back. Now pull the cable from the cabin into the scuttle panel area and then through the bulkhead into the engine bay...

You should now have the old cable out...

Re-fitting is the reverse of removal [/haynes]

Just remember to make sure the grommets are all seated properly else you'll get water coming in next time it rains! :roll: :lol:

Should take no more than 15 minutes to do it and only requires a screwdriver to undo the lower dash and a torch to see what you're doing down by the pedals... 8)

Once again Henny, you are a god!!!

Little off thread but I tried fitting the Golf IC yesterday....... 2hours, a gashed finger, a pint of blood and a bumper re-fitted later. I gave up :lol:

Looks like a job for a pro :oops: :oops:

talking of throttle cables mine seems to be sticking all the time and no matter what i do i can never set it up so that i achieve full opening of the butterfly and at the same time have a nice feeling pedal. Instead it feels heavy (have to push hard) and/or sticks (released by pulling the pedal backwards :x . So i am riding around losing power cos i can't put me foot down...gutted. by the way its a new cable so there should be no fraying on the inside. HELP :|

This may or may not help anybody but, my throttle you used to stick open on a fairly high rev and I would have to put my foot under to release it. Found out after investigating that it was the grommet on the cabin end of the cable had split where the cable hooks round it. This was causing the cable to get stuck in the split causing the high revs. Being lazy, I just rotated the grommet so the cable couldn't snag anymore and, as if by magic, it stopped getting stuck.

Hope it helps.

That sounds exactly the same as what's happening in mine. I'm gonna change it this weekend.