Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

Those who have got Eibach springs

What shock absorbers are you using with them ?

I cant really afford Koni's what other brand of shocker can i use instead,i'm sure there's someone on here who's using some virtually standard shocks with them :roll:.

I used to have a Golf VR6 with Eibach's on and some shocker's that i bought from Volksbitz and the ride was excellent (even with 17's on) Also they were height adjustable on the rears .

I've tried to order somemore from them but they keep saying they are waiting for another shipment....

What other brand can i use ?

Any decent shortened stroke dampers should do but its the ususal you get what you pay for. Ive got cheap and chearful GMax shocks on and they are ok. There are loads available, Boge/Sachs, Avo, Spax, Bilstein that are not too expensive but I would save up for some top adjustables.

I ran with the standard rear shocks and Konis on the fronts for over a year with no problems, dunno how standard fronts would hold up though.

What shock absorbers are you using with them ?

I cant really afford Koni's what other brand of shocker can i use instead,i'm sure there's someone on here who's using some virtually standard shocks with them :roll:.

I used to have a Golf VR6 with Eibach's on and some shocker's that i bought from Volksbitz and the ride was excellent (even with 17's on) Also they were height adjustable on the rears .

I've tried to order somemore from them but they keep saying they are waiting for another shipment....

What other brand can i use ?

Hi Heardy, Im using eibach springs and billstein shocks they are an excellent compromise and good quality shocks and im running 17s so if 20VTURBOs selling these i would snap his hand off :)

Ive got standard shocks and Eibach springs on my Storm. The rides not bad. Theres no slaming or anything alough the standard front shocks were new when it was lowered. I want to eventually change this set up to Hand R and Konis as I find the Eibach springs to stiff at speed when you hit a bad area of motorway + I would like to raise the back of the car slightly. This I can do with the Height adjustable rear koni dampers. But Ive found this set up acceptable short term.

When I bought my VR it had Eibach lowering springs combined with standard shocks. Bearing in mind that the car had done 85k the standard shocks were pretty tired. The car was pretty awful with this combo and the front end would bounce over bumps/undulations in the road.

18 months ago, I fitted Bilstein dampers and it transformed the poise of the car over bumps and improved the ride too.

As others have already said though, you do get what you pay for but ideally you want to upgrade your dampers so that they are matched to your springs to avoid the problems I had.

As i said the ride was Excellent on the Golf VR6 i had so i just want some half decent shock's :)

As Coullstar said what Bilsteins do i need ?

I can give GSF a ring tommorow once i know

What Bilstein dampers is it that you guys are using?

I've priced some billstein's up at Euro Car Parts and they are about £24 +vat for the front's and £18 ish for the rear's .

They do another type of billstein shocker but there about the same price as Koni's :shock: