Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

WHY DOES IT BACKFIRE

When I shift my corrado backfires, kinda like a pfft, only high revs anyone got anything, and is harmonic resonance common on this car?

mine does it sometimes could be the timing, mine only does it when the water inj runs out, have you had it tuned by jabba sport recently,? only when i had mine done there about 2 yrs ago it really banged when changing up fast. now i'm using the sns chip it doesn't, and yes the wood wood wood wood noise you get is fine you must have a cone filter on or the restircter in the box removed, this will cause the resonating noise.

Dont think Jabba have touched his car, considering he lives in Santa Rosa! :)

potatonet, Your car will backfire when unburned fuel enters the exhaust system. The heat in the exhaust manifold will ingite this unburned fuel & cause a "backfiring" effect.

This could be due to having a non-standard cam fitted, incorrect cam timing or your engine running too rich at high revs possibly due to a non-standard ECU chip.

Can't wait 'till mine starts to do it - once I've re-built my engine. 8) :lol: :lol: