Sign in to follow this  
knc

fuel pump g60

i have just bought a mk2 scirocco with g60 conversion. i am new to the g60 engine and would appreciate some advice. the engine doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel sometimes. i don't know wether pump is good enough or pressure regulator needs adjusting(never used a reg. before). the fuel pump is one which is narrower than a mk1 scirocco pump. cheers

Hi and welcome on-board !

Good to see another Rocco-owner, and then even one with a nice G60 under the bonnet. You'll have an advantage straight away over all the Rado G60 types here in that your Skyrocket is so much lighter :D

What fuel pump has been fitted to your Rocco? I'd do a pressure test on the fuel feed line (should be 4 bar) or check the fuel delivery rate (run fuel pump without engine, after 30 seconds you should have approx. 600 cm^3 depending on the fuel pump voltage), although it might be a wise idea to just swap the FPR (fuel pressure regulator, assuming you've got the standard 3 bar unit, you can't regulate the pressure with that one), check the hose between the FPR and the intake manifold (no cracks?).

Good luck, and how about some piccies of your Rocco ? 8)

Tempest

Hi Tempest, thanks for reply.

I like your cars. I have two mk1's and the mk2 is an engine donor for mk1. So soon I'll have a mk1 G60 -very nice!

I've ordered a new mk1 scirocco fuel pump which I am hoping is 4 bar. D'you know?

I don't know if my fpr is standard but has a nut on front of it which I thought maybe for adjustment.

I don't know what pump is on car but it is much thinner than a mk1's. Maybe scirocco mk2?

Cheers

I'll get a camera for pics.

Mk1 with a G60? :D :D That should see the competition off nicely :twisted:

It sounds as if you've got an aftermarket FPR, as I've just collected a new one from my stealer, oem VW, there is no nut on the front.

In that case it may be worth having another go adjusting that nut, or alternatively, try an oem unit, if you can find someone kind enough to lend you one :lol:

Tempest