Sign in to follow this  
'Rado

Hi from a newbie :-)

Just bought my Fiance a G60 'rado 8)

108k miles, FSH in Pearl green

Needs a charger rebuild (not iminent but factored it in the purchase price) - new fogs and headlight lenses which should be here tomorrow.

After reading and then experiencing the comedy headlights and wipers yesterday these will be undergoing some attention shortly - how VW ever let a car go on sale with these ill never know :o

Here she is:-

pic thumbnailed-vr6storm

Complements my soon to be Z Charged VR6 Highline Golf nicely 8)

Pete.

The wheels are ACE 17" something or other - i wasnt really looking for a car that had been modified but this one happened to come along at a decent price and local to boot.

Car has been lowered with Gmax springs and shocks - the ride is quite respectable - just need to get the blower sorted as it feels a bit sluggish - currently in talks with Darren about this :lol:

Pete.

If you're free next Sunday come down to the monthly meet, it will be posted in the Events early next week - usually a good turn out - I'll certainly be there as will John from JMR

Would love to mate but im at Stealth Racing with the VR6OC forum group - got a AGM/piss up on the Saturday and dyno day on the Sunday.

Want to get a base figure for the Golf before i fit the ZR2 Charger the following week :lol:

Is it a Sussex meet or a South East meet - might try to drop in soon 8)

Pete.

Hi Mate,

The lenses are from Eurocarparts - £25 each side + the dreaded Vodka & Tonic - Genuine too 8)

Still on the lookout for a set of Fogs but they come up on Ebay quite regularly.

Also on the lookout for another set of rims but thats all for later - getting Darren at G werks to refurb thew charger on the 8th so funds are a bit tight :lol:

Pete.

benji16v - thanks for that :lol: - i bet the plugs ive ordered from ECP are a bit dearer at VW :!: ,

Was thinking about GPC for the fogs - ill have to give them a ring as there email response is er......non existent from past experience :cry:

Pete.

Well ive got new headlamp lenses and platinum plugs today - hopefully the upgraded headlight loom will be here tomorrow and its booked in with Darren of G-werks on the 8th Nov to get the charger overhauled (only pulling about 9psi boost with a chip & pulley).

Just got to sort the wipers then :wink:

Just got to sort a poor cold starting prob and then time to sit back and enjoy :lol:

Thanks for the welcome chaps 8)

Pete.