Sign in to follow this  
'Rado

G60 Cold starting problem

Some of you may have seen my newbie post in the general chat forum 8) ,

The story is:- bought a 92 G60 Corrado on Thursday last week - chargers being rebuilt in a week or so as its not producing the boost it should be - ive already traced a slight boost leak.

The other problem and reason for this post is the poor cold starting tendancies of the car - it takes alot of cranking to get the car to fire - approx 5 seconds and when it does catch it doesnt fire up on all cylinders - a little blip on the throttle brings the other cylinders into life - i find holding the throttle fully open during cranking then releasing as soon as it catches improves things a little - the end result is that it will fire on all four when it does burst into life - almost seems like over fuelling on start up :?: .....

When the car is switched off when warm and restarted within a short period of time it catches immediately - its only a problem first thing in the morning or when the car has been left for a few minutes when warm.

Its not horrendous as its only a few seconds cranking - but i know its not right.

Ive got a set of the correct plugs on order from ECP and ive pulled the connection of the AIC valve - now from experience this will usually stall the car - mine just carried on running so im thinking it may be gummed up....

Any suggestions welcome 8)

Pete.

I take it this is the ecu temp feed :?:

Anyone now any test readings for this sensor - ill get my multimeter out :lol:

Pete.

Yup, the blue temp sensor feeds the ECU, has a negative temperature coefficient, i.e. with increasing temperature, it reduces its resistance. I have written down some characteristic values in one thread here some time ago, can't remember where, tho'. My tables and plots are, of course all at home :roll:

Tempest