Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

BBM solid front motor mount. - quick review

I installed it last night after I got home from work. There is a Huge difference for shifting. There is almost 0 play while shifting. I still have to get used to it =] there is a little more vibration in the cab, but nothing that isn’t bearable. I think I might want to replace my transmission and rear mount soon just to make sure everything is good.

Overall so far, I really like it. I am quite happy with it. Here is the link:

http://bahnbrenner.com/media/php/catalo ... &catid=156

a word from the wise, (through experience)

i bought all 3 mounts from VF enginerring for my C. while shifting and all power was to the ground the flippin vibrations were unbearable!!!!

removed them and left in the front mount only.... much better

phpMK2Za8.full.jpg

Nicly made bits of kit. A good time to take advantage of the weak $$$$. We have soild mounts on our track car. The vibrations though the floorpan numb the heal of my foot where it rests on the floor when crusing for any length of time. [/url]

a word from the wise, (through experience)

i bought all 3 mounts from VF enginerring for my C. while shifting and all power was to the ground the flippin vibrations were unbearable!!!!

Not to mention the stress it will put on parts like the CV joints, a little give helps to protect some of the mechanicals sometimes :wink:

David.

yeah i ve got one of these babies too and love it.

i would be tempted to change your rear mounts though as i imagine they will not last that long.

the only bit i am worried about is the vag part which bolts to the engine then to the mount, i ve heard of these snapping, and with the mount being solid i imagine this is the weakest point.

you still have a little give as the front beam is also bushed