Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Strut Groves

Hi not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this but here goes.

When I bought my car it was advertised as having height adjustable suspension so I assumed it was on coilovers but when I looked at the car I saw that there was what looked like (new) uprated shocks and springs, im unsure of the make as there is no sticker and haven’t had a really close look yet.

I have had a quick look when I was cleaning the wheels the other day and noticed some groves like rings around the shock there about 1.5 - 2 cm apart and ive never seen them before, they look like they start just above the spring platform but ive no idea why they are there.

While looking through this months PVW (you guys have got some cool cars) there is an ad for Weitec and it says that some of there non coilover kits are height adjustable at the spring platform which made me think of mine.

Anybody seen this before or am I showing how much I really don’t know.

Cheers J

some koni dampers have these grooves, 3 or 5 grooves is the usual i think

to adjust them you need to dismantle the suspension tap the platforms loose then move the clip/ring then tap the platform back into place

Ah thanks for that,Ill have to have a look at what make they are.

My spring platforms seem to be on the bottom grove so i assume that my car is on the lowest set up for this suspension, is that right.

Raceland do a kit like that.yellow shocks,red springs.

Depends how low you like ya car,if it was mine id have it on lowest setting or cut 1 lower :lol:

Raceland do a kit like that.yellow shocks,red springs.

Depends how low you like ya car,if it was mine id have it on lowest setting or cut 1 lower :lol:

Lowest setting on the Raceland stuff makes your bodywork sit on top of the tyres :shock:

I used to have them on my G60.