Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

HONDA PRELUDE VS CORRADO VR6??

This delusional, backward guy I work with reckons that his Prelude (r reg) is a better car to drive than my Corrado VR6 and looks better aswell!

1st thing I pointed out was that he only has a 2.0 4 cylinder where as I have 2.9litres and 6 cylinders, then he starts coming out with some cock and bull story about how it is a Jap turbo!! but then admitted he was bull sh***ing!

So next he says, "I'll bring mine to work and we will park them next to each other and I guaranteed 9 out of 10 people will think the prelude looks better!" At this point I just had to laugh :lol: .

Then he was trying to say that just because my car is 11 years old and covered a fair few miles, I got ripped off by paying £4k for it, it finally hit me at this point that this guy knows nothing about cars. Anyway, he soon shut his face after I pointed out that he has lost about £13k in depreciation on his car since he bought it new where as I am barely losing a few hundred quid a year!!

I mean, if I had to trade my car for another coupe I would either have the Nissan 200 late spec touring or the Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, so the Honda would not even come into the equation really unless it was an absolute bargain.

I'm sure there are a minority of people (mainly Honda lovers) who would prefer the Honda but the vast majority must be with the Corrado?

:wink:

Last year when i was looking for my C, I seriously considered a 2.2 vtec Prelude when it seemed there where no Corrado's out there to be had.

Only the (in my opinion) woeful dash layout and potentially scandalous cost of parts gave me the patience to carry on looking.

I think they are quite good looking motors, and the 2.2 Vtec is supposed to be a cracking engine..... But it's just not quite a Corrado, is it? :)

Yeah, I also considered a 2.2 VTEC as a Corrado VR6 alternative as well, I think they looks wise they are good but not as good as a C, (obviously).

A bloke at work had one, and although the handling and build quality are good, there is no low down torque from the engine, you got to rev it loads to get anywhere quickly. The thing that put me off was when his clutch failed and his 4 wheel steering all packed up, think it cost over 2 grand to sort out on a car that was worth about 3 grand.

Also in magazine reviews of the time, Revs did one, so did one of the what car style magazines the VR6 always beats the 2.2 VTEC overall, I think normally on engine and steering feel.

Cheers

Ady

P.S Forgot to mention, I was refering to the J to M reg shape, think they look loads cooler than the new R reg shape which apparently are really hard to sell cos no one likes the looks of them.

The Honda is nice but its horses for courses. People look for different things in different cars. If someone just doesn't know what they are talking about (as clearly this guy didn't) then its not even worth arguing about it..

Ripped off by paying 4K for it? So all the other people buying Corrado's for the same money are getting ripped off? And what about the fact that the average market price for this is slowly getting higher?

Oh, and more people will look at the Corrado - EASY!