Sign in to follow this  
Brando

Long time Standing!

Hi all I'm new to the board, I've been looking for a Corrado for a while now and ideally I wanted a 1.8 16v, but my dad has a friend who wants shot of his son' 94 (M reg) 2.0l 16v from his drive. It has sat there for the past year and a half. The brakes have seased (unsuprisingly), but more worryingly the engine has some issues having sat there soo long :-(.

As a result and purely for removing it from the drive I'd get a great price, but any ideas what the main probs could be??

or How much a replacement 2.0 16v would be (in the worst case)??

or Could I fit the 1.8 16v (-cat of course)??

How easy is the corrado to work on??

I have a garage and a mechanic who is a friend and willing to help out, but I am wondering if u guys think it's a worthy project and could I do it as my first project car??

Dont think you could de-cat it if you put an earlier engine in cos the car is still registered after aug 92 or something

Welcome to the forum first of all.

Now I'm not the most technical of people but I would like to make the following points:

I think that the 1.8 16v is generally preferred to the 2.0 but there isn't much difference in it.

I think if the car has been sat for so long then you might need to replace the callipers at least. Might as well renew the whole brake setup whilst you are at it.

Regarding the engine, I think that assuming that it has been reasonably well looked after then, once it has had a proper service and flush, new battery etc, it should start to run ok. Having it stand for over a year shouldn't kill and engine.

If you can get it dirt cheap and it has a good body etc etc then get it checked over by a mechanic and go for it if you get the green light.

Cheers, I plan to redo the brakes asap, I still have my current car till christmas and at 21 it's impossible to insure 2 cars.

Regards the engine, it may of not been in such good shape before being left for ages :-(.......

Any ideas