Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

1950 on the Boost Check? Boost leak?

Well I've just done a Boost Check on the G60 since getting it back up and running after having the charger rebuilt... and the max figure was 1950 (which according to the guide thing is less than it should be)

My Car spec:

68mm Pulley

Stage 4 G-Werks Charger

Gas Flowed Head

Jabba Chip

Boost return removed

Carbon Canister Removed (not sure if that would do anything?)

Supersprint Exhaust

Don't think theres anything else performance wise to mention

I remember reading somewhere that if you have a gas flowed head then the results will be lower... but should it only be less than 1 bar, when the guide suggests it should be 1.2 bar?

So should I be looking for any boost leaks etc. and if so where do I look and how do I check?

Cheers, Chris

you map sensor will be bleeding off at 1 bar anyway. are you running standard cam ? also worth checking is all the plastic pipework including the outlet on the charger if you havent got a rsr kit as these are prone to weeping a little once removed espically if split on the 4 10m bolts for removal.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

whats the map sensor then? I think I'm running standard cam yes (although I'm yet to ask Stealth.. I'll email them now). As for checking the pipework, I'm guessing I'm just feeling for air escaping while the cars running?

Cheers :)

no not quite tommorow i will pm you with details on how to check for boost leaks by pressurising the system make any leaks far more aparant.

Got a reply from Stealth, and they said I don't have a Cam fitted. So that spec above is everything done to the car engine wise... also said that after they fiddled with it, it had 195bhp. Hopefully I'll be able to push it over the edge, and get over 200 :)