Sign in to follow this  
KidDub

Interesting Problem

Hiya all i have a weird and odd question for you all, i have a 91 G60 and have the engine in many bits one thing i was wondering is the bolt on the bottom pulley seems to be a special tool and a a very unusal patten, so instead of rounding it of i was wondering where i can buy a tool to take it out and move with so i can change the pulley and adjust the position so i can do the cambelt

please can anyone help

:)

Kid, its not 100% what you want to do. If you are changing the cambelt there is no need to undo the 12 point/bi-hex bolt in the middle of the bottom pulley.

You do however need to undo the 4 allen bolts hold the bottom pulley. They are a 6mm allen key. If you round them out you can hammer an 8mm spline drive bit in to undo them.

You will also need to slacken off the PAS pump and remove the waterpump pulley to get access to everything.

Hope that helps

Gavin

The reason i want to spin the the bottom pulley is because i think the bottom end may be sized where its stood for so long and i cannot see any other way of turning it

also if the bottom end is seized i would like to strip the bits of it before it has to go away to try to get fixed

:roll:

the bolt is just a 12 sided bolt, most good normal socket sets will fit it with no problems...

DO NOT attempt to turn the engine over with this bolt though... it's a stretch bolt and could snap off if you try and turn it with any force! :|

Best way is to put the car in gear and push it to see if the crank turns... ;)