Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Expansion tank ring

HI, my expansion tank seems to be missing the rubber O ring that fits in to the cap.

Does anybody have the part number for this or know where i might get a cheep one.

Cheers J

HI, my expansion tank seems to be missing the rubber O ring that fits in to the cap.

Does anybody have the part number for this or know where i might get a cheep one.

Cheers J

should be 1H0 121 687 A and about 50p from your VW dealer.

David.

Called my local dealer and there on back order and take two weeks to del. £1.60 +vat :shocked!:

Called my local dealer and there on back order and take two weeks to del. £1.60 +vat :shocked!:

good old VAG, trebling the price of parts to make up for their poor new car sales profits :x , German Swedish and French only charge £3.50 for the whole cap with a seal on it. :roll:

I had to order a drive gear for my oil pump, they had increased the price from 40 quid to 90 quid in the space of a year or so :x :x :x

David.

Cheers J

JBOB, I have one here brand new if you're desperate?

I ordered one a long time ago, thinking it was missing - but it actually sits inside the cap, not clearly visible. But the part number listed is 027 905 261

Hang on a mo, unless, this is the distributor 'O' ring??? I replaced the distributor some time back as the mechanic didn't think the dizzy would work after being stripped...

Should I be senile at mid 30??? :lol:

just get a new cap

make sure you havent just pushed it up and it looks stretched just place it back into place if so.

I got a new cap and they should be blue for the updated ones

Thanks for the offer but VW came through today and got a new one for me.

Ive had a look and the old one isnt still on the cap and must have been taken off at some point.