Sign in to follow this  
task

APEXi DIGITAL BOOST CONTROLLER.

Has anyone fitted an APEXi DIGITAL BOOST CONTROLLER to his G60, I am looking at one at ebay and I plan to get it , but just want an advice from someone who actuayl has it installed to his car or has some experiance with it, is it reliable?

ive heard from other car forums they are quite tricky to set up. I used a greddy profec b on my fiat coupe and found it worked very well :)

i belive they are for turbo cars as they control boost by controling the actuator, so for a supercharger they'r usless. :cry: but do look sweet.

i belive they are for turbo cars as they control boost by controling the actuator, so for a supercharger they'r usless. :cry: but do look sweet.

What he said ^^^

No use with your charger - the pulley is the way you determine boost basically.

As for the unit beign reliable etc - they are very good and used a lot by ppl with turbos. They will hold boost very well and allow for all sorts of settings for diferent gears etc. I am tempted to get one to replace my manual controller.

task, G60 bost is controlled by a valve in the throttle body - as g60bv says, this kit will be useless to you. :shock:

The throttle linkage to this valve on the throttle body is adjustable - it's a small link rod underneath the throttle body, with a ball joint on each end.

forget the other functions..;) it will never recognize what gear you are in.. maybe the backward one, but this dont change anything... it will be a simple boost controler anr boost presure gauge..also, nice display on the panel..

i have on set right next to my V-AFC2... problem being that's a honda haha

but AVC-R hard to hook up? maybe if you've never worked on a car before :lol: no one take offense to it it wasn't serious...

but honestly it's not that hard to hook up... run your ground wire... run your power wire to your ignition switch to turn on while the car is on... run the wires through the fire wall to the selenoid, wire the selenoid, and then run the selenoid through the vacuum line between the turbo and the wastegate... now mount the selenoid. close the hood, start the car, set the boost level. go and drive, never worry about it again!

i love mine in my DB2 GSR Turbo... no problems in what 2 years now!