Sign in to follow this  
destructiv dave

Slam Panel

Not sure if this is the right section for this but...

I have a front end crashed damaged 2l 16v and am having thoughts about the slam panel. I have a new one (picked up from one of those dealer sale days) but nowhere on it does it have a part number. If it is the VR6 one that I have what alterations do I need to make to fit my 16v radiator etc.

Also has anyone had their slam panel replaced with a new one, as I can see a few parts that I will need to order from GPC (plastic bits the bonnet catches clicked into, plastic bit the bonnet latch rests on), but just want to make sure I don't miss anything off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Dave.

when i fitted a newly sprayed slam panel at the time of the intercooler fiting I just went down VAG and asked them to get the page up on ekta and ordered every part number on the screen.

swap your vr6 one with g60renshaws one. youll both be happy then.

Errr to replace a slam panel/lock carrier is it a bolt on afare or is it a weld job. Cheers

yup, there's about 10 x 10mm headed bolts and then it just comes off, but you do need to take off the bumper, grill, lights and the plastic air guides around the radiator as well as disconnecting the bonnet release cable to get it out... 8)

If you're good with a spanner and know where the bolts are, you should be able to get the old one off in a couple of hours... 8)