Sign in to follow this  
Hemz

Grounds for seperation

Having let my girlfriend take my corrado while at work she filled my baby with 4star lead replacement when i got home the car will not start, saying this i have had recent probs with clifford con300 (no noise indications). i got told 4star would fire but run like poo i have also been told alarm can stop fuel pump working. i told my bird how to use the alarm but took for granted that she knew what juice to put in, She is now recovering from an attack from a masked man in our local hospital, apparantly the attacker was my build and wore the same size 9 timberlands as me :wink: so would the corrado fire( i know i have to drain fuel anyway) or could the alarm stop fuel pump working.

If i was married id file for divorce

which version of the 16V have you got?

if it's a 1.8 it'll be fine with LRP... 8)

If it's a 2.0 then it should still be OK, but may not run properly for that tanks worth of fuel, but it should still fire up and run... :?

The fuel pump is often one of the circuits disabled by an alarm/immobiliser (the other two being starter and ignition) so it could well be an alarm fault...

Oh, and I deleted the other 5 copies of this thread... think your POST button may have gotten stuck! ;) :lol:

I cant rememebr what lrp octane rating is of the top of my head, but i'm pretty sure the replacement stuff is a bit low. You could try octane booster but lrp won't do your cat any good (if you've got one)

I think that the octane rating is actually higher than Unleaded as its designed to replace the old 4 star. As you say the problem will be that the lead substiture will damege the cat.

Jonathan

'94 VR6