Sign in to follow this  
cheesy

Engine turns but no spark

I'm just finsihed installing the g60 block and loom.

We've gone to try and turn her over which she does but theres no spark there

Any ideas to try

chris

Been doing a search to see if i can see anything

one thing i came across is that on my old 16v loom there was a red/grey wire that went into coil but on the g60 loom there isn't

don't know if this has oat different

I'm just trying to work out where your electrical power problem is. Do your LT leads at the coil have power & does the king lead to the distributor cap have power ??

If you have no spark - the easiest way to trace the problem is to back-track along the supply chain.. :wink:

cheers steve

me thinks i know now what it is but gotta wait till morning till i can get back over to me car

cheers chris

Is there an ECU relay in the fuse box. Is teh Dissy a known good one?? Maybe the hall sender is Tits up?

Gavin

That doesn't mean that the dissy is working though. There is a way of checking the output of the hall sender with an LED but I can't remember where I saw it.

Have you got another dissy that you could plug in to the loom? If you can get one and spin it by hand with the ign on, you will get sparks out of the king lead and get the pump to run.

That check s out almost all the system in one go.

Gavin

See what happens with the dissy. If you get sparks then you need to fit it. If you don't then there is something amiss elsewhere, ECU maybe. You need to get the wiring diagram and check the earths and power feeds are good.

Gavin

I've got 12v to coil and 5v @ the dizzy
Is that 5v at the dizzy while the engine's spinning - I would expect power down the king lead to be a hell of a lot more that 5v.

My G60 engine is currently stripped at the moment - if you need to borrow some bits, just let me know. :wink: I'm in northern Birmingham & possibly not too far from you.

I've got 12v to coil and 5v @ the dizzy
Is that 5v at the dizzy while the engine's spinning - I would expect power down the king lead to be a hell of a lot more that 5v.

My G60 engine is currently stripped at the moment - if you need to borrow some bits, just let me know. :wink: I'm in northern Birmingham & possibly not too far from you.

Thats 5v at the plug to dizzy

Cheers for the offer

yeah brum is only an hour away

chris

Is the ECU actualy priming. The ISV should buzz have power etc. Are you testing for the spark whist turning it over on the the starter motor? Try removing the disi and rotating it by hand with the ignition set in the 'on' position. You should hear the injectors pulse and also a spark be generated. This may sound overly simplistic, but ensure there is enough juice in the battery to turn the starter motor AND generate a spark. Had issues with starting G60's after bleeding brakes with the ABS pump, there is enough power there to turn the starter motor no problem, but not enough current to generate a strong spark at te same time.

well its all boiled down to the wiring side of things.

Thats the problem and i'm now a little stuck, as the guy who was helping me with this side isn't free for at least 3 days.

some of the plugs on fuse board r wrong

chris

Right

Cheers to everyone for there input

Especially Daz G-Werks & Ant

All hell broke loose about 30 mins ago, SHES ALIVE :twisted: 8) :D :D

All be it with a blowning manifold