Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

More Probs

When I picked my car up last week it ran out of fuel. Once more petrol was added it was hard to start and would just die. I managed to get it home but it was spluttering under acceleration as if it had a misfire.

Since then I have changed the oil, oil filter and plugs, checked timing and leads and cleaned the ISV. I also checked for any loose vacum hoses.

The car seemed ok on Friday but when I took it to the garage this morning it was back to spluttering and just conked out. It would then not start. It seemed that when I was appliyng the accelerator the car just died as if it was getting no fuel however it appears to be eating fuel quite rapidly.

The mechanic who is changing the cambelt for me reckoned it might be the air/fuel meter. I was thinking fuel filter maybe as the fuel pump primes and whines when the engine is on.

Any ideas?

Could this be lambda or O2 sensor related?

Could try an ECU reset as well as I believe the 2.0 16v does have an ECU that gathers information over time like the VR6 one...?

The fuel pump on my 2.0 16v was always very noisy but never gave me any trouble.. changing the filter won't do any harm though!

Get a pressure test done on your fuel supply to metering head, like you suspect maybe you have sucked crap into the filter.