Sign in to follow this  
Dboy

How easy is it to extract 250 - 300bhp out of G60?

just wondering, after initial mods like ported charger, chip pulley exhaust etc etc, G60 performance is still around 200-220bhp : what other mods are there available to get a G60 pushing 250 - 300bhp?

I know you can put a cam in, and ported head - but what else can you do to get up around these sort of performance figures? (not including NOS)

- bit of foward planning on my part!!

- i spend my money months before ive even earnt it lol :roll:

I've not heard of a G60 with 250+bhp without it being a 16v. I reckon if thats the power your aiming for. A 16v conversion would be the way to go.

Checkout Bahn Bremner's website or PDmotorsport's.

I've not heard of a G60 with 250+bhp without it being a 16v. I reckon if thats the power your aiming for. A 16v conversion would be the way to go.

Checkout Bahn Bremner's website or PDmotorsport's.

its achiavable but with a smaller pulley size like 62mm or smaller,different intercooler and biger injectors,some sort of stand alone fuel management would make things better,cam ported head,exhaust manifold

LowG is right..

upgrade air: ported charger with 62mm pulley or there abouts

upgrade fuel: fuel pressure regulator and injectors... maybe pump and lines once you start gettin into the high 200bhp's

increase flow: uber ported head!

there are 8v G60s that make 300bhp. its all about head flow. 50mm intake and exhaust ports and you're laughin as long as you have the air and fuel to use it. :thumb right:

if you look through previous posts on this matter you will read it IS VERY Hard to achive the sort of bhp you are asking for without using a cross flow head as this is the restrictive part of the equation... ture the 50mm ports should help aka jd engineering done it but also using a crazy small pulley on the charger " remember he can rebuild it every 5k which i know he was doing!"

JD G60 was geting 300hp with a stand alone fuel managment,if it was me i would just get a crosflow head obd1,you port that sucka with a nice cam and a good inlet manifold design and you be hiting 300hp with no problem. A 65mm pulley and a ported charger would be nice, Iv heard the crossflow on a g60 with the custom manifold and all that makes it sound very hot,some people say its sounds like a V8. The 16v its always an option although i think more work and bit more money would be needed or tuining ect as you have 2 cams more valves to port ect. but i would think anything more than 260hp and you gonna need a stand alone fuel management to really explore that top power also much safer if you know what you doing as chips arent the best option when you tune that high.

Or do what Martin Peters did a few years ago...junk the charger and fit an EIP turbo kit. 310 brake if I remember!

I admit to being new to the forced induction world so maybe this is beginner stuff but if I don't ask I will never learn. My brother has the 200SX with the 1.8 Turbo engine and he went from the stock c.170bhp up to 211bhp by just replacing the intercooler, installing an induction kit and swapping the exhaust for a performance one. If you did the same mods on a Corrado G60 (i.e. nice fat intercooler mounted at the front, induction kit, exhaust) would you realise the same kind of power increase?

I ask mainly as this is what I plan to do to my Corrado before I start playing with pulleys and chips etc.

grugh: yes. guys that have done front mount alone have claimed 20-30hp increase.

dubster82: crossflow head that VW starting producing in like what... early-mid '90s? maybe '95? much better flow than the stock PG head from a G60.. especially if you port it. plus, the intake manifold is on the front... far away from that hot exhaust manifold, so it helps to keep your intake charge cooler. when done right with a new intake system to go with it, the path from charger to intake manifold can be VERY short providing VERY quick boost build rates... as with a 16v head done right.

yyyeeezzzz... and i'm talking about a short intake path as well. not critical.. but an air>water unit right in the engine bay will have a quicker boost build rate than a front mount with a U-bend and almost double the length of piping.

8vg60

Very nice, what would a conversion like that cost for the Corrado G60 and what sort of bhp and torque would it put out :p

pm me for details please ... :lol: :lol: if intrested

......In other words......a lot!! ;) :lol:

Nice one fellas - i do feel slightly more enlightened about this now - and have a better understanding of whats available and who to talk to!! 8)

muchos gracias!!