Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

mstation?

Campaign, cheers mate , where have you got it fitted ? i've heard they can pick up interference easily, does the h/u read the track titles ?

cheers

paul

Okay, mine's in the boot, but it was a bit of a nightmare running the cables, backwards and forwards and backwards again for the amp... However, if you do it right, then you should have no problems.

The "head unit" doesn't read anything, just acts as an amplifier/volume control. You get the track titles etc. (through the id3 (v1) tags) on the little remote control that comes with the unit. 2 line, 40 character display if I remember correctly.

To be honest though, I don't tend to use it much anymore, as the Sony CDP-70 head unit I have has better sound reproduction, and reads the MP3s just as well (although only a CD's worth)... THINKS - when is somebody gonna bring out a DVD MP3 reader....

yeah your right mate pioneer dont do a multi changerthat reads mp3's, i got told to buy a centurion and an interface but its £400+ :shock:

Blocks to that then. No, if you want "loads" of high quality MP3 files, then the mStation is about the only way to go, hooked up to something like a Sony head-unit. I was gonna use an Alpine, but unfortunately none of them had a decent AUX input, and I couldn't cope with using the FM tuner thing. Kind of defeats the object if you ask me.

The other alternative is to buy an iPod and a Dension ICE-Link. I've got a mStation in the Ghia and an iPod in the Corrado and I prefer the iPod option. The iPod also has the advantage of being removable so it's not just confined to the car (you can't take your mStation on holiday with you :) )

Bringing a topic back from the dead here, I had my mstation in my mk1 mr2, now that I have a corrado, it will be going in, you can't beat it for storage space, my mstation has a 120GB hd in it.

I'm not too fussed on upgrading speakers etc, but I do like having my entire cd collection in the car. Will let you know how the install goes.

But whilst I have dragged this topic from the grave, has anyone since installed an mstation into a C? Would appreciate any pics/suggestions etc.

have fun

D. :twisted:

I have an M-Station/Neo jukebox in my C. Had it in my MKIV Golf, G60 Corrado and now my VR6.

remove ash tray on any corrado and the control unit fits perfectly into the space left behind!

neon1.jpg

I ran the cables under the passenger sill to the boot and of course removed the under side of the glove box to get at the back of the head unit. I am running the RCA cables directly to the AUX input of my Sony Head Unit. sound quality is perfect!

Excellent I was hoping it would fit in there. :D :D Do you leave the remote permananetly there, any security issues?

Haven't decided where I'm putting the hd yet ....

thanks

D. :twisted:

Remote is there permanent but hey, i don't park my Rado anywhere there might be trouble. I like to be able to view it from the window when in restaurants too! he he he

HD unit is in the boot of course.very easy to run the cables to it. take about 20mins is all!

My M-Station is fitted in the off-side rear panel in the boot (opposite to where the autochanger normally goes). I can't take a photo at the mo, as the C is in it's wrapper. Fits quite nicely there though, using the extra-long M-Station cable to the control panel which is sat in front of the gear knob panel.