Sign in to follow this  
flusted

de-handling the passenger door laws??

Thinking of shaving my door handle off on the passenger side but not sure on mot laws :roll:

Anyone have any ideas?

You need to prove to the MOT man that you can open the door from outside the car. It doesn't say how you have to do it. A remote and solenoid works ok. I would advise sticking with teh mechanical handle inside the car in case of trouble. Don't want to get stuck in the car due to a flat battery.

Check your plans with the fella who is going to test your car in future, then you should have no problems

Gavin

Gavin the MOT law has changed, in cases where the handle has been completely shaved for show cars the hand rule doesnt apply.

A mate said that you could wind down windows at mot time,as theres no saying you dont drive round all the time with windows open(obviously your not but who cares)That way you can open car from outside by reaching inside :roll:

Trust me I have read the MOT book myself at the garage, the rule doesnt apply!

Its the old case of if its there is gotta work!

A mate said that you could wind down windows at mot time,as theres no saying you dont drive round all the time with windows open(obviously your not but who cares)That way you can open car from outside by reaching inside :roll:

:D Dukes Of Hazard style