Sign in to follow this  
mark_ingle

Lights In switchs

I have got a problem with the little lights that should come on inside the switches for the heated rear screen and the headlights switch :(

Has anybody else had this problem and how do i fix i t.

Thanks

I had that problem with the headlight switch and the fog light switch.

I bought a new headlight switch. Now the light is on when on side lights OR the main lights with the ignition OFF, but it still doesn't come on when the lights on on main AND the engine is running. So I know the bulb is ok so it has to be wiring...

The light in the switch shouldn't be lit when the engine is running and the lights are on cos the theory is if it's that dark you can see the lights are on from the dash lights etc. The light is there for sidelights cos it's to alert you the lights are on in conditions when you may not realise it..a bit daft I think but i'm sure that's the reason i've been given.

That's odd, every other car (even VW's) I've owned the light is on when the lights are on no matter what. Oh well, just the fog switch which is knackered then.

My HRW switch has the same problem - the heaters work but the pilot light doesn't.

Is it possible to fix without buying a new switch? I'm fed up with winding down the window to feel the mirror. Stupid switch design in the first place - they should stay depressed when in the "on" position.

Best wishes

RB

So i only appear to have one broken switch, the one with the rear/mirror heaters.

Does anybody else's work or is this just another design by Vdub. :roll:

Cheers

I had same problem with my headlight switch, both inner bulbs gone, was quoted £46 or something stupid so i decided to fix it. All you need is a steady hand and patience as the job is fiddly. Go to maplin or cpc(they do mail order) and purchase 2 very small bulbs 12v, 65mA, and solder them in, hey presto switch that can be seen and found!