Sign in to follow this  
goodridge

G60 into Mk1 Golf

Hi all, a mate of mine is going to be attempting this swap soon, when his Mk1 gets back from the paintshop. He has a Corrado G60 complete to use for the swap. If anyone can point me in the direction of any info on the web it would be appreciated. Thanks

Here are some piccies of one I helped remove. Not much to show other than the chargecooler set-up and where things were mounted.

Hope it might be of some use...

Jay

Red Fast, Have you done this conversion before? Is it straight forward? I'm after any info I can get to be honest, hints, tips, parts req'd, anything really! Thanks

Red Fast, Have you done this conversion before? Is it straight forward? I'm after any info I can get to be honest, hints, tips, parts req'd, anything really! Thanks

hello there... i take it this is for douggies car ? i have mailed lots of info to his girlfriends address about a month ago did he not get these ???

Hi Darren, yea it is! No, he said he couldn't find anything and wasn't great on the computer so i said i would try and do some research for him. He is gonna call you tomorrow anyway, I mentioned the chip and pulley kits to him and he is gonna have one as well now = 3 kits please mate!! :D

Hi Darren, yea it is! No, he said he couldn't find anything and wasn't great on the computer so i said i would try and do some research for him. He is gonna call you tomorrow anyway, I mentioned the chip and pulley kits to him and he is gonna have one as well now = 3 kits please mate!! :D

i will foward the links across to you then ... if i still have the email....

Here is something someone sent me to help out with the swap. I hope this can help you out.

The left and front engine mount can be used for the G60 engine, but you have to modify the left one. The left engine mount is missing on the G60 engine, instead there is a flat steel plate with an o-ring. This o-ring act as a seal for the cooling system. You have to modify the new engine mount in a way to take over this function because it isn't flat on the inside. I welded a small steel bar in it and smooth the surface afterwards. Maybe you can leave the plate in place and mount the engine mount on top of it with longer bolts. There is enough play on the slotted bolt hole to position the engine in the right place.

Left mount use mk1 gti. All other mount have to be hand made.

Rear gearbox mount.

On the 020 it's mounted on the left side but on the 02A it's, like in a A2 chassis, on the right. To use the standard mount position of the 02A gearbox I constructed a new mount which can be used with the standard A1 silence block and support. It's even easier to remove than the old one. The entire mount is also made of 5mm mild steel plate

right gearbox mount

For the ring of the rubber bearing I cut one off an old mount. The entire mount is made of 5mm mild steel plate. (S235JR European standard).

Fuel Tank

You need to find also the fuel tank of the gti rabbitt which is for injection and has the return line and other differences inside which i cannot tell you right know.

Its sure that you need it.

Clutch

Go for the hydraulic clutch setup only otherwise if you will use a racing clutch setup it will be very hard and the cable will be cut off after a while :(

The only thing you have to put the master cylinder inside the car near to the clutch pedal and make a hole inside to go for the tranny cables.

Tranny

Of course you will go for the 02a tranny so you can update it with a six speed gear kit or lsd. It’s better and stronger for high bhp applications anyway.

Intercooler

As you already know it is very important to have a big intercooler. Try to measure the dimension in front and go for a handmade IC.

YOU NEED ALSO THE GOLF RALLYE ADAPTOR FOR THE SUPERCHARGER.NOT BBM OUTLET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Electrical

The best thing to do is to find the original Golf G60 dashboard. I know it is difficult actually but it’s the best. All other parts are plug & play.

Here is a picture of the mount the guy made.

Here is something someone sent me to help out with the swap. I hope this can help you out.

You're talking about me i beleive :)

Hope you're well

Cheers