Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Intercooler hose sizes

Help needed please with sizes for pipework for a Golf G60 FMIC conversion.

I think I'm correct in saying I need a 76mm bore 180deg pipe from the charger RSR outlet,or would a 135deg bend be enough?

Are 2x76mm to 68mm-ish reducers for the inlet/outlets on the I/C ok?

What angles and lengths of pipe are needed to be the "in-between" bits?

And in fitting the Intercooler itself,can I get away with leaving the rad in its original position and cutting the slam panel?

Sorry for the all the questions but Info needed cos I'm chucking a few ideas about at the moment :)

Thanks.

Golf G60 cooler will fit straight in to the Corrado with no "cutting" or adapting at all. Although, as you say, the pipework will need to be custom made.

Golf Rallye cooler has larger inlet pipework & is not a straight fit.. :x

Both coolers share the same core - it's the header tanks which are different.

Yep, the header tanks on the Rallye cooler foul the towing eye mount off the chassis leg. Golf G60 cooler fits stright in, the only mod being is that there is a little excess metal on the front of the intercooler that has to be hand crafted off (a la angle grinder) to allow for the slight front end that a corrado has compared to the Golf's 'square' grill profile. No modifacation to the car is needed at all as Steve says.

Hosing can be fabricated to form the U required to sweap back under the charger and into the intercooler, but this will be nowhere as neat as a off the shelf cast alloy U bend, which unfortunatly carry a good 200 odd quid premium from barry stealer.

The stock G60 cooler only has a 2.5 inch inlet if i'm not mistaken.

All G60 corrado owners need to ask santa for a front mount for xmas to unleash the hidden PS there motors have. There is plenty of room for stock G60 golf intercoolers and properly designed custom front mounts in Corrados without the need for cutting panels, modifyed bumpers or several hundred quid of pipework to plumb them in.

No modifacation to the car is needed at all as Steve says.

Not enitrely true there mate... The slam panel to wing bolt on the inside of the chassis leg under the battery tray needs either removing (neat way) or smacking out of the way with a hammer (more fun way! ;) ) else the intercooler fouls on it and won't fit in properly... ;)

It's only 2 thin pieces of steel and they don't actually do anything as long as all the rest of the bolts are in place, it's just typical VW over-engineering! ;) :lol:

No modifacation to the car is needed at all as Steve says.

Not enitrely true there mate... The slam panel to wing bolt on the inside of the chassis leg under the battery tray needs either removing (neat way) or smacking out of the way with a hammer (more fun way! ;) ) else the intercooler fouls on it and won't fit in properly... ;)

It's only 2 thin pieces of steel and they don't actually do anything as long as all the rest of the bolts are in place, it's just typical VW over-engineering! ;) :lol:

correctomondo ian ... steve is usally making coffee when im removing the tab of the slam panel.. :lol: