Sign in to follow this  
mantaraman

Headlights

Hi

Got the modified headlight loom from Ebay some time ago, I'm sure I wired it up right, but it still seems dull, unless I pull the healight flasher towards me when high beams are on and then the light intensity goes up by about 30%?! I thought the wiring mod would not cause this to happen? So unless I drive around at night with my full beams on AND hold the flasher towards me I don't get a satisfactory headlight strength.

Any ideas? :?:

erm... you shouldn't need to hold the switch towards you for the beams, they should click on and click off when the engine is running...

I think he means that by pulling the stalk towards you and holding it, as opposed to just clicking it on, then the lights are brighter. They would then dip a bit when you release the stalk leaving your full beam on.

I think.

I agree with VR6, on that one. I've noticed that it does this on mine (without mod). Does the headlight modification improve both full and dipped beam? I thought it was only dipped. :?:

It is brighter with the flasher stalk pulled back constantly because both full and dipped filaments in the outer headlights are working if the lights are switched on. When released, the lights are either main or dipped beam.

It depends on the design of the loom you have as to whether both dipped and main beams are improved. How many relays does your loom have? If it is one, it is probably set up to operate only the dipped beam circuit. If it has two, I would hazard a guess that both circuits have been improved.

Best wishes

RB

The 2 fellas selling looms on ebay only have one relay in them. My looms have 2 relays and do both dip and main beam.

Holding the stalk so both filaments are on may burn out the bulb due to the extra heat generated. Not recommended IMO.

Gavin