Sign in to follow this  
skid

Kames Gti meet.

it was a good show for the amount of time I spent there,did 493 miles travelling from the n-east,got carried away on the motorway and ended up in glasgow :lol: turned roun and set of back to kames,got 10 mile from the place and me mk1 went onto 3 pots(duff plug)limped to kames hoping to get a plug of one of the stalls or entrants and not a one on site :mad: so stayed for about an hour an a half,me mate phoned me with the nearest halfords which was in ayr so limped there on 3 pots got some plugs and she was back on 4 pots :D got back to kames and they were locking the gates,ohwell it was a good day out some awsome roads and I got home which is what matters,next year ile be prepered and hopefully get on the track :p

it was a good show for the amount of time I spent there,did 493 miles travelling from the n-east,got carried away on the motorway and ended up in glasgow :lol: turned roun and set of back to kames,got 10 mile from the place and me mk1 went onto 3 pots(duff plug)limped to kames hoping to get a plug of one of the stalls or entrants and not a one on site :mad: so stayed for about an hour an a half,me mate phoned me with the nearest halfords which was in ayr so limped there on 3 pots got some plugs and she was back on 4 pots :D got back to kames and they were locking the gates,ohwell it was a good day out some awsome roads and I got home which is what matters,next year ile be prepered and hopefully get on the track :p

Were u driving a mk1 golf as me and biggrim drove past a very nice one on the way down from Glasgow?

[Were u driving a mk1 golf as me and biggrim drove past a very nice one on the way down from Glasgow?

yer a mars red mk1 y-reg,parked up at kames with a wanted spark plug add under the bonnet,you must of past me when it was on 3 pots :wink:

Dont think it was you then, it was a dark coloured one that had the fuel filler rerouted to where the rear vw badge would be.

Was it not the red Mk1 that passed Bothwell services as we were standing around admiring your flesh-wound? I think it maight have been and you arrived at Kames after we did which puzzled me..... now I know why. At least you got it sorted in the end.

Was it not the red Mk1 that passed Bothwell services as we were standing around admiring your flesh-wound? I think it maight have been and you arrived at Kames after we did which puzzled me..... now I know why. At least you got it sorted in the end.

more than likley,I did`nt get on the track but them scottish roads more than made up for it :p

more than likley,I did`nt get on the track but them scottish roads more than made up for it :p

Yeah, the roads were cool, had the back end going a few times. :twisted:

I think that was part of the reason I ended up not bothered about going on the track.

biggrim, I thought u were going to take it easy on the way back, u werent really accelerating out the corners much but my tyres were still squeeling a lot. 8)

I was going to, really I was, but when I got on the road something came over me! I tried to fight it but the :evil: in me won! On the way over I got to know my car a little better and almost pushed it too far so I decided to "be gentle" with her on the way back. Was a great drive though 8)

A pic of the damage :( , will get it fixed soon when im getting my stonechips done.

Its not really noticable so is ok for now.

So it didn't polish out then? :lol: I mean, it was a dangerous high speed manouver that went horribly wrong and there was nothing you could do. You were lucky you walked away :twisted:

I was thinking I should have tried it a bit faster and with a bit of handbrake, might have done some real damage then. :twisted: