Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Throttle problem on my G60

Hello Folks,

I've got the problem with the throttle on my G60 its sticking at half throttle when its been sitting for around 10 minutes (need to press hard on the accelerator to get past this point). Once I've done this its alot better can stick feel it sticking slightly at half throttle though. I've changed the throttle cable and cleaned the throttle mechanism the action seems to be smooth until its left for around 10 minutes then it starts sticking again any ideas.

PS the accelerator pedal moves fine when the throttle cable isn't attached to it.

Cheers for any help in advance

Sandy

on the top of the throttle body there's a chain link type connection between the small and large butterflies which is used to open the second butterfly after a certain point. Make sure this is clean and greased up as they can jam up causing the same problem you describe... :| Mine jammed up due to a lump of gravel which had flown up inside the engine bay and got a little scarey when it wouldn't release the throttle! :crazyeyes: :pale:

The throttle on my G60 doesn't jam on when released it just sticks at the point when it open's the second butterfly. I don't understand why it seems fine when the accelerator pedal has been pushed past the point where it sticks until its left for a while then it comes back.

I've cleaned the chain link type connection between the small and large butterflies it has a smooth action until its left for while then it comes back. :roll:

Cheers for the advice anyway Henny

Sandy

in that case it may well be worth taking the throttle body off and looking inside it to make sure that there's nothing jamming it inside... 8) Easy to do, just don't forget where the 2 pipes on the back of it go onto, as they have to go on the correct way around else the engine will run like a sack of poo... :|