Sign in to follow this  
rs200f40

1900cc G60 conversion during engine rebuild?

Hi,

Looks like I'm going to need an engine rebuild, was thinking about a 20VT but think I'll just stick to the G60.

Since it's being rebuilt anyway is it worthwhile going for a 1900cc conversion? Is the extra torque worth the extra expence?

Where's the best place to get the pistons and rings from?

Any other suggested modifications to get done at the same time, already have a G-Werks Stg4 charger and smaller pulley.

Thanks

Alan.

John Mitchell - JMR Racing (16VG60) here on the forum could advise you better. He sorted out the bottom end of Ian's 1.9'ish G60 (Henny)

Or you could do what I'm doing - concentrate most of the work on the top-end.. :wink:

there are currently 2 1900 (ish) conversions that I'd recommend to people on here... 8)

• JMR's 1940cc setup, which uses custom 83mm Mahle pistons, a new crank and G60 rods with a few block tweaks. This results in 1940cc and 9.5:1 compression ratio. This is what I have in my (now written off :( ) G60 and I can confirm it's a little corker! 8) Contact 16VG60 (John Mitchell) for more details and costs.
    [/*:m:1876f]
  • G-Werks 1.9 (actually 1876cc IIRC) conversion pistons. These are custom made 83mm pistons and are REALLY nicely made... These are just a straight replacement for the original pistons and just require your block to be overbored to 83mm and will give you a 9.0:1 compression ratio. Contact G-man (Darren Bennett) for more details and prices... 8)[/*:m:1876f]

I've yet to compare one of the G-werks 1.9 setups with my JMR conversion, but we should be able to do some interesting comparisons on both track and strip next year, as I'm pretty certain that Banana man has the G-werks pistons in his 'rado at the moment, and my G60 engine will be back on the road (although probably in a different car) sometime soon... 8)

Thank you for the plug henny.

Yes we do produce our own version of the 1.9 bottom end as do many other companies I would get as many varied opinions on this conversion as possible as they all have there own differences to them and you need to be sure the package you choose is the one for you.

Our conversion includes:

Rebore block to 83mm.

Brand new custom spec forged pistons developed/manufactured in the UK

FULLY lightened and BALANCED bottom end. Crank/flywheel/rods/clutch plate/pulleys.

New consumable parts i.e. Bearing / caps / etc etc

Windage tray. Also schrick baffled sumps available at extra cost

Custom grind Cam shaft.

eprom developed/supplyed by SNS tuning

Figures:

Corrado g60 running above bottom end with STD intercooler / 68mm pulley (6psi as boost leak on back of clocks) and power run after aprox 2k

200bhp @ 5850rpm

199lbs @ 2100rpm

242lbs @ 5400rpm

Im sure you will agree with these figures it make the higher cc/ higher comp bottom ends a very worthy conversion and just goes to show you do not need to spin the chargers to within an inch of there life’s to make these cars into what they should of came from the factory like….

Regards G-werks/PSD

I should be running a G-werks/PSD engine in my C after Christmas :D

Not quite sure how it will fit down the chimny though :lol:

P.S. Daz, sorry not been in touch, I'm still trying to get hold of my mate to see when he can get the engine out. As soon as I speak to him I'll let you know.

ive felt the force and blimey even at half throttle the response is amazing,,, and banaman aint shy of showing the power :mrgreen:

Running 144mm 16v rods and pistons for this (JE and Wiseco have these in stock) will give you some extra power. My next 8V G60 is running a 2E highblock (236mm deck height vs 220mm) with a 1.8 crank and custom Carrillo's and Je's.