Sign in to follow this  
goodridge

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Took a half day today at work to fit a Chip and Pulley on the Golf! :D :D :D

What a difference! The car has bags more low down pull and races throught the revs! It goes like f£!?!! And now with the extra boost, the car is sounding awesome!! Chuffed to bits with the kit!! Thanks to Darren for the bits and the phone advice today! :lol: I've set the timing to 6 degrees for the min to be on the safe side, so I'll run it for a bit and see how I get on. Off now to do the same on my mates Rallye! 8)

Took a half day today at work to fit a Chip and Pulley on the Golf! :D :D :D

What a difference! The car has bags more low down pull and races throught the revs! It goes like f£!?!! And now with the extra boost, the car is sounding awesome!! Chuffed to bits with the kit!! Thanks to Darren for the bits and the phone advice today! :lol: I've set the timing to 6 degrees for the min to be on the safe side, so I'll run it for a bit and see how I get on. Off now to do the same on my mates Rallye! 8)

glad you are happy with your kit. :lol:

WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!! was very similar to my reaction about half an hour ago when i finished fitting mine, i nearly sh*t myself :lol:

she's considerably quicker the throttle response is instant its much smoother through the revs and sounds brilliant 8)

only problem is, i think i need bigger brakes :roll:

thanks darren :notworthy:

LOL this is the worse part of the mod lol when u realise :roll: hmm these brakes are sh1t must go bigger and badder :wink:

Well chuffed mate! :D Think I need some turbo diesel rear mounts now and a short shift kit! :twisted: Another question though, I have modded the air box on mine, and since changing the pulley the induction note has changed quite a lot. Whereas before it made a droaning/resonating type noise, now its more of a growling noise at low revs, changing to all out roar higher up. Just checking this is normal, as It doesn't sound quite the same as my mates Rallye we did last night :roll:

This is not going to be a definitive answer, but hopefully something that will put your mind at ease a little.. I don't think I have ever been in a G60 that sounded the same as another G60. Seriously, been in about 5 or 6 now in different states of tune and they never ever sound the same.

I'm sure its fine whatevers making it growl! :)

Mine is well loud, I have a vid of it on here to give you some idea. But I'm running a Jetex cone filter. If you go into my gallery topic you should be able to down load it.

This is not going to be a definitive answer, but hopefully something that will put your mind at ease a little.. I don't think I have ever been in a G60 that sounded the same as another G60. Seriously, been in about 5 or 6 now in different states of tune and they never ever sound the same.

I'm sure its fine whatevers making it growl! :)

Thanks Mate, Thats good to know! 8)

Well chuffed mate! :D Think I need some turbo diesel rear mounts now and a short shift kit! :twisted: Another question though, I have modded the air box on mine, and since changing the pulley the induction note has changed quite a lot. Whereas before it made a droaning/resonating type noise, now its more of a growling noise at low revs, changing to all out roar higher up. Just checking this is normal, as It doesn't sound quite the same as my mates Rallye we did last night :roll:

The charger rpm to engine rpm ratio is altered when you alter pulley diameter causing the tone of the charger resonate differently.

I agree with Jim, out of all the G60's that leave our workshop in any state of tune, all have their own distinctive sound (barring the 1.9's that just sound like pure filth :evil: )