Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

B*st*rd, b*ll*cks c**t!!

I decided to put the Estorils back on the car as the BBS are a complete and utter pain in the arse to clean at this time of year but before I did I scraped of the bubbling lacquer and painted the wheels. I detailed the inner spoke section with some paint that has gone all webbed in appearance when the lacquer was applied.

What the hell has happened there? Will this dry like this and flake off when I wash the car? They are winter wheels only but I dont want them to be ultra scabby.

p.s. any companies in Aberdeen that will refurb the wheels as I will probably get them redone after winter?

Was the paint still wet?? this happened to me when i sprayed my wheels.Might be the type of lacquer your using aswell

Your lucky they are only winter wheels mate. My boss bought some gold Oz's for his bike and some blue pfm supersport discs and calipers. Over 2k's worth. Fitted them and decided to clean them with some cleaner his neighbour was using on his car. The bike was wet and he did not rinse the wheels off after. Next day they were all crazed with white streaks and zig zags. = one gutted boss and embarassed neighbour

It sounds like you have got some kind of reaction between the two paints. I believe this is quite common but i'm sure someone can shed some more light on this

Another thing it may be is a slightly greasy surface that you painted on.

I've had this before. Or even if you cleaned them with turps or something, and haven't quite wiped it all of.