Sign in to follow this  
Craigs8vgti

Help Not Sure If Its Coolant Warning Light

Hi Guys

Took car have it alarm fitted today and while it was there coolant warning light started flashing checked water level and every thing alright check see if there was water in oil just in case head gasket was gone could it be the sensor that blow as ive got a temperature reading and fans working.

is the coolant warning light the red one by temp gauge?? :cry:

yeah its read and next to the oil pressure light, try topping it up a little from cold.

a new header tank is only a few quid so change it if it fails

oh and if it is is too full you can remove the coolant using one of those drinks bottles with the sooky valve thingy. open valve squeeze air out put in water let go o squeee sides til sooks up close valve and take it out. squirt some back in if you take too much out.

I drover hope tonight when i started the car the warning light did not come on just as i was about to pull of the warning light came on heater working fine blowing hot air temperature good so what up with it :(

Took car have it alarm fitted today and while it was there coolant warning light started flashing

The above scentence rings alarm bells! (excuse the pun) - It looks more than likely the alarm installation is causing the problem - too much of a coincidence!!

Mine started to do the same SNAP. When it is cold it will come on. When It is hot it does not come on. When it is cold and has come on, turn of the engine for a few seconds and re-start. it should go off. if it does, you only need to add a little water/mix 60/40%. If it still comes on when it has warmed up and the temp rises to 110 C+ then suspect faulty thermastat/reader/sender.

Hope this helps.

I'll go investergate as it driving me up the wall start the car no light pull of light comes on and does not got off will have look at therm sender thank for help :agrue: :2gunfire: :evil:

Just had look under the bonet and the wire to the plug that goes to the water bottle look abit crappy wonder if it worth go see it theres 1 in the breakers to get the plug unless vw do a replacement plug I forgot to say when I started this me baby is 18 16v 1990

i've got anther question is there away to turn the rear wing of as the other day with the snow and ice I dont want to cause any damage to the rear wing.

:( :mad: :oops:

got another question seems like im down on power car feel sluggish on pull off any ideas