Sign in to follow this  
steveo29

BRITTLE G60 inj loom??

ive noticed my g60's injector loom isnt in best condition,it looks a bit hard n brittle in places

any one brought one latley...what do they cost?

or would it be posble to make a new one with some better silicon wire

Easy job to make a new one. vehicle wiring products seel al the crimps and wire you need. Get one off a digifant anything so you get the connectors, pull it to bits and then rebuild it all with new stuff. Might take a few hours but not an impossible task.

Next answer, no I haven't got time to do one for you :)

Not forgotten about your headlight connectors, been in work all Christmas.

gavin

cheer gav...no rush on the headlight conectors

so theyre not special vag conectors then??? you recon is hould use that silicon wire..the really flexy stuff?

It is pretty resistant to heat. If you use heatshrink where possible that would be good. If you hunt round the scrappies there are some wraps for looms on VWs.

The connectors on the injectors are used all over. The male one for the end isnt one I have seen at VWP but you can extract the pins from another rail and crimp new pins on.

Gavin

oh you mean the foil wrap like on some o2 sensors etc......i think demon tweeks sell it too

so i can buy all the pins new except the males??

cheers

This is becoming quite a issue now. We have replaced several injector looms this year that look as if they have been stone baked and then fed to mice. A replacement 8v Digi loom from VAG is around £48.

It's worth G60 owners taking a peek to check the integrity of the loom on their car.

Yes indeed. The loom is not listed as a individuel component under the PG engine code Appendix, you have to order the item for the Digifant 8v GTi golf lump where it is avaliable as a individuel part.

What's the name of the special tool used to crimp those "Terminals to fit mouldings" from that link above? I've never managed to get my hands on one.