Sign in to follow this  
jamesmilsome

Just fitted lysholm - help needed

After spending all day fitting a new lysholm on my C following Bahn Brenners instructions I have ran into a problem.

After I got over the problem of not being able to get the lower charger bracket off - the alen head rounded its self off :mad:, I made up time and just have an oil feed to put on tomorrow.

Only problem is now I cant get the secondary oil feed pipe on that runs by the oil filter. If the instructions had said - attach new pipe and secure on before charger is fitted I think I may be able to get at it - just.

Has anyone replaced this pipe with the charger in place before? Or maybe take the bumper off - or the charger off again :cry:

I wouldn't mind but its a bloody struggle on your own.

Just take the whole front of the car off. VW made it like that for a reason. It'll take you 20 mins max. and make your life a whole lot easier.

It all sounds so simple. Headlight screw is shagged from what I remember but i'll prob just drop the bumper off and suppose I may as well take off the rad and clean it out.

I've politely asked john betz to change the fitting instructions for the charger. If it said stick the oil feeds on first and let them hang under the charger you could easily slip them onto the charger at the end. Just cant get in after to slip them onto the engine

Just take the whole front of the car off. VW made it like that for a reason. It'll take you 20 mins max. and make your life a whole lot easier.

the man has a good point here.../\ :lol:

Its in, its running and its bloody loud. Only problem is that there is smoke coming the back of the engine. I think it is just oil and 'gunk' buring off the manifold (I hope) unless anyone can think of anything else it may be before I go for a spin