Sign in to follow this  
g-dub

G60 Poor Performance

still got my performance problem, just wondering could my car need a tune-up after certain mods, i've removed the CAT and fitted a zorst, put twin inlets on the charger, removed the carbon cannister and power steering setup, fitted a rallye intercooler, samcos and RS outlet, but the car is as exciting as my mk1 gti, with less pull, tried the timing, checked for boost leaks, and done a-z on all pipes, could my car be under fueling, i am led to beileve that the ECU should sort it's self out but is it, should it be setup in a garage, to tell that dam ECU to start pumpin more juice???

Sounds like one of the engine sensors is dead or the car just needs setting up - a trip to somewhere like G-werks or Stealth would be well worth it!

well i did the check that you take off the sensor from the water pipe bit and the cars idle goes funny, so i led to belive all sensors are ok, could i just take it to my local RR, what things can they check, so i can ask???

well i did the check that you take off the sensor from the water pipe bit and the cars idle goes funny, so i led to belive all sensors are ok, could i just take it to my local RR, what things can they check, so i can ask???

i really would recomend you take it somwhere who is familler with the setting up of g60's mate

really would recomend you take it somwhere who is familler with the setting up of g60's mate

Yep, it would be well worth it! - Do you know anywhere tho Darren...?

really would recomend you take it somwhere who is familler with the setting up of g60's mate

Yep, it would be well worth it! - Do you know anywhere tho Darren...?

humm ill have to have a think about that and get back to you

well only jabba are near me, but didn't like them much, would love to treck down to you daz, but it's a long way, fixed all the brakes and bearings now so a road trip could be arranged, will have to book in with you my friend then, would it be costly, also daz you got mail in the G-werks e-mail. cheers

just lately, and yes it's exactly 1mtr long, is there any difference in a 1.8 16v vacume pipe, could try that, also gonna get some of that samco vac hose know which size i need by any chance 3mm borex2mm wall- 4x2- 5-2.5- 6.3-2.5- 8x3 or 9x3

no actually, i've got some NGK one is in would they make the difference, i know the bosch one's are colder but do they, could this be it, whats the time 00.28 i'm off the the lock-up, i know there is a set of bosch plugs in my spare head!!!! yay yay yay yay, p.s you've got my hopes up now so i maybe crying soon

no actually, i've got some NGK one is in would they make the difference, i know the bosch one's are colder but do they, could this be it, whats the time 00.28 i'm off the the lock-up, i know there is a set of bosch plugs in my spare head!!!! yay yay yay yay, p.s you've got my hopes up now so i maybe crying soon

depending on what plugs u have used this could well be your problem.. im sure i asked you about what plugs were in it weeks ago when u called me though .. :?

right then fitted the bosch ones not much difference really, but when looking at my spare head, i notices a bit different to my car, the fuel pump run on pressure switch is gone and the fuel line blocked off, would this be removed with the charcol cannister or boost return or could this be my problem, where did it go and what did it do??

i think the car just needs setting up mate. sounds like everything is working just not in harmony ...

daz so i don't need that switch on then, also i'll bring it down to you, what would you do to it?, as i might get some off the work i want doing at the same time

the injectors on my spare head are green in colour, are these uprated ones or are the red ones better

ahhhh, maybe there just cleaner then, couldn't tell the colour on the ones in the car, hidden, by muck and lack of light,