Sign in to follow this  
golddust

Help! No passenger side headlight OR tail light...

Hi everyone, I assume this is the old "Problems" area so this morning I've got a new one...

Neither the headlight nor the tail light on the passenger side are working. If it had been one I'd say blown bulb but with both I'm not so sure. I've checked the fuses and they all seem ok.

I'm assuming it's a bad connection somewhere but could use advice on where the most likely place is as I'll be looking on a very short lunch break and don't want to drive home with one light!

Cheers!

Might be a bad switch to lose all three. There are separate fuses for the headlight, sidelight and taillight if I remember correctly. Check them just in case. It could be a bad earth at the headlight and a separate snag down the back?

gavin

I've got a new headlight switch so can rule that out, also checked all the fuses for lights and they're ok so it's gotta be a connection... I think the indicator/brake light is ok, just the tail light and headlight are at fault.

:oops: :oops: Fixed it, found the headlight plug had worked its way loose from the headlight unit... :oops:

As the back light was off I thought it must be more serious than that!