Sign in to follow this  
ANDY16V

CORROSION

Hi there- before i start just like to say amazing web site! anyway hope someone can help?- please... i have had my corrado for 6 months and have been spending many a sunday avy polishing and generally lavishing my corado in lots of TLC. Only to find 2 months ago blisters on the paint protruding from underneath a seal on one of the rear passenger side windows , i treated it by popping the blisters and rubbing them down , then applying LOCTITE 7503 RUST REMEDY and using a touch up stick. my question is ... is this enough and should i try and investigate it from inside the car, in other words on the other side of the panel in question?

MANY THANKS GUYS!

Hello, Welcome to the Forum...

Might be worth having a looking behind the door card to see if you've got a leak, more than likely tho the car may have been broken into in the past and sealent not used when the it was replaced or the metal scratched and left bare....

Yep, as said above, most likely to be a result of scoring if window was replaced, rather than anything on the inside of the panel. What you have done so far sounds like a good interim treatment, but I would keep an eye on it for going in other areas of the window lower edge.

CHEERS FOR THE REPLY...So basically check around the seals of both rear side windows- treat with rust remedy and touch up, where appropriate. should i therefore be putting some sort of sealant back then? ANDY