Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Urgent alternator help required...somethings missing i think

Hey all, quick question for you if you don't mind.

My dad picked up my new alternator from the stealer today while i was at work (so I didn't get hit with the surcharge). I've just got in and it looks like there is something missing from the new alternator. It's a little black or brown plug type thing i think. I thought I'd get that bit with the new alternator. The problem is, the dealer ain't open again till monday and my old alternator will most likely be gone. Is there deffo a bit missing and if so, where can i get one from before tuesday? It's a bit of a random so apologies. Cheers in advance,

Graeme

It's the little black rectangle that plugs into the alternator then onto a spade connector. It's on my old one at the dealership. My dad picked up the new one and dropped off the old for me but I didn't know that bit had to be kept aside. Is it something that I can get from euro or gpc on monday morning if my trip to the dealer fails today? Cheers for the pic matey

Its probably the suppressor you are talking about. Its a capacitor that grounds out interference, which you will most likely hear on your radio. Most factors would have one, if you cannot get your back.

BTW, I know it's a bit late for you, bit might help others...Lucas can do a same day alternator overhaul for rather less than a new / exchange unit.

Bugger! Nevermind, got the new alternator for £100.44 after the nice parts dept man gave me a cheeky corrado club discount. I also got the bit that I forgot to take off and it's all fitted and the car is doing what it should, when it should. So I'm well chuffed with another first time attempt at something that went right. I took some pics of what I had done so I'll try to do an easy to follow guide (for people like me who aren't too sure of these things). Just want to say thanks to Darren for giving me a bit of guidance as I really had no clue what to do. Just have to sort out my water pump now..... b0llocks