Sign in to follow this  
funky

xenons

anybody know much about these ?

i have 2 sets of new mini cooper s xenon headlights and all that go with them,it looks like i could graft the bulbs in my c headlights just not sure if the wiring could cope

failing that ill stick them on e bay

tia

funk

Except retro-fitting HID-kits is illegal in Europe....

Well i'd rather it was Andi telling me that, than the guy at the MOT station handing me an MOT failure note, or PC Copper tapping on the car window after pulling me over to give me a fine ;)

Well i'd rather it was Andi telling me that, than the guy at the MOT station handing me an MOT failure note, or PC Copper tapping on the car window after pulling me over to give me a fine ;)

We could have a good chat here JimsG60 on this topic but I am afraid there will be no right or wrong answeres only legal or illegal.

I could say It would be nice to be able to see what youare about to hit on the road before having to give your statement to PC Plod.............

Whats Illegal about them? Would it not be a MOT Failure if your HL are pants?

Headlights have to be setup so they do not dazzle other users. Doesn't matter if they're pants...

As for the HID-laws - all kits require special lenses, ballast, high-powered washer jets and self-levelling. You can't fit all that in ;)

G60Jet is the know-all on this subject ;)

(Plus, ahem, 'Use the search')

Yeah - thats basically what I was getting at. No point in re-iterating what Andi just said :)

You could also use the retrofit and just remove them when you have to have your car inspected. It takes like 10 min to install/remove. Just a thought. Technically they aren’t legal in CA but they are used all the time. I followed CHPs (California Highway Patrol) cars with them on and I never got pulled over. I had them on the car for a year and a half. I drove at night all the time too. Most officials don’t know if a Corrado is new or old so they don’t question the headlights at all. If you get them you have to aim your headlights properly so you arent blinding people.

You could also use the retrofit and just remove them when you have to have your car inspected. It takes like 10 min to install/remove. Just a thought. Technically they aren’t legal in CA but they are used all the time. I followed CHPs (California Highway Patrol) cars with them on and I never got pulled over. I had them on the car for a year and a half. I drove at night all the time too. Most officials don’t know if a Corrado is new or old so they don’t question the headlights at all. If you get them you have to aim your headlights properly so you arent blinding people.

Arrrh, CHiPS. One was called ponch, can't remember the other's name

Arrrh, CHiPS. One was called ponch, can't remember the other's name[/quote:dc748]

puncharello :roll:

lol.

Yes, Michael Dorn and Erik Estrada run our streets here in California. Good work guys.

You see what I have to deal with here in California... =P

hey Red=Fast, I love your view on Xenons for corrados. "cops dont know whether they are new or old". dont you have problems with the heat and wires, I have done a 12V relay system to my headlights will that affect me putting in the xenons. BTW getting pulled over for going 60 in a 40 by a CHP just so he can look at your car and let you go home is awesome, especially when you live in Cali.

hey josh want to donate funds to 19 year old Jonathans corrado fund from santa rosa. I think we have both found that driving a corrado and going to college is quite and interesting experience

Red=Fast, the other problem with doing as you've said, in the UK if you are involved in an accident and the inspectors find anything non-standard / illegal about your car, any claim you make will be thrown out. No insurance company will put it as a suitable mod, as they are illegal, so you VOID your insurance.

Handy when you drive into another driver who was dazzled as you came over the brow of a hill, due to not having them setup correctly, killing their passenger, paralysing the other driver, writing off both cars, and you have to foot the bill.

Yeah, I'll stick to my legal lights thanks ;)

Andi, yup, I'm with you there 100%... give your cars a good wiring loom upgrade, some decent (legal wattage!) bulbs and clean, fresh reflectors and you'll have the lights the Corrado should have had from the factory... 8)