Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Muppit Painting Bumper

ya-ello somebody that i dont know hit my rear bumper and left the paint cracked and red paint on my black G60. :mad: i have rubbed the area down used p38 filler and sanded it down looking like new than painted it with high gloss black paint and lacquered it with merc lacquer that was lying around than left it to dry and used a compund on it rubbing for abt a hour and still i got oversrapy marks left and not a high quality shine as bumpers normally have. CAN SOME1 tell me what the hell im doing wrong and how i can get it back to a good finish without doing the whole bumper..

i dont wanna do the whole bumper i know its better but this accident happened on the corner and u cant see it when just gazing over the car its in such a area

ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Could always try some cutting compaound/t-cut to try and clear off some of the overspray and keep polishing/waxing/t-cutting to clean it up.

If you want a seriously good finish then I'm afraid you're gonna have to get it done professionally I think.

done the T CUT along with compund... but i really wanna do this myself if i really mess it up and looks like a saxo than i think i'll call the boyz in

Less of the Saxo comments... we don't all modify em (and, apart from a handful of cases, consequently ruin them) you know! ;)

Geez im already being polite i normally call them Paxo's hey man im only playing but why go from a corrado to a Paxo shit i mean saxo

Hm.. and from the ';)' you should have noticed that I was messing around as well.

I've already explained on about 30 different threads why I decided to sell my Corrado... but theres no need to get the arse about it.

Look - I wouldn't still be here as a regularly posting moderator if I liked the Saxo more than the Corrado mate.

Yeah, its only a 1.6 8v, but its an alright little car.. and its saving me a fortune from the bloody money pit that was my Corrado, and I think its great for that. I didn't buy it because I thought it was sportier or a better car than the Corrado in any way shape or form. I bought it to save me a few pennies, to have a manufacturers warranty still, but to still have a car that can still be fun & quick to drive from time to time.

geezer u not helping with my initial problem. just chatting abt ur saxo :p u gonna get some 19" rims for it and imported bodykits, mad spoilers and stuff for ur saxo than

*sigh*

Take it to a bodyshop. Datz where id B takin me phat kitz and bonnet ventz when I get em sprayed up in mad 7 colour flipz!!!!

werd!

No.. seriously though.. I can't help you. Anything like this, I have always taken to the bodyshop to get done. You sound like you are already pretty handy with paint and spraying, but its really hard to match a glossy colour without the professional gear.

bollocks man car just came out of painshop last week on fri and some cunt hit my car on monday so im trying my best seems not that hard to get a semi deecent finish i mean not like ppl bend down and look closely at bumpers unless u got a saxo with made meshed grilles and abt 7 exhuast out the back lol

When u painted it did u sand it smooth or leave it rough, ive heard you get a better finish by leaving it rough as it gives the laquer something to adhere to better.

then no need for laquer prepare the area arond the repair with 1200 wet and dry then apply several coats of black leave to dry apply more coats and to more area each time but do not paint outside the area youve prepared leave until fully dry then try and t cut

if you cannot polish it off try thinners

probaly easier to paint the whole bumper trying to hide touch ins with a aerosol can is a nightmare

right let me get this straight fill up with p38 then sand off with 1200 wet and dry then prime it and spary it with abt 4 thick coats and compund rub it then colour t cut it and should be ok and dont use lacquer

thats about it mate but always prepare more area than you paint makes it blend in with polish easier

cheers geez thanks for setting up my diary for 2mrow lol thanks will tell u how i got on