Sign in to follow this  
Andy T

Fitting Larger G60 radiator - whats involved?

Been offered a brand new larger g60 radiator which was for g60's with air con - its about 700mm long.

Would it be a worthwhile upgrade to the standard radiator considering my car is around 190bhp, and has anyone had a go at this mod?

Just wondering how easy/difficult it would be to mount,whether it would need a different fan & shroud, longer pipes etc ??? any ideas? Or should I just but a new std. rad?

Cheers

It should drop in the front no problems. You might have an issue with the hoses not reaching though.

Worth trying to fit as the increase in capacity would be useful.

Gavin

It should drop in the front no problems. You might have an issue with the hoses not reaching though.

Worth trying to fit as the increase in capacity would be useful.

Gavin

you wont have anyproblems fitting this as the hoses are on the same side and position as the std smaller rad, even the fan cowlings are the same size too..so it will fit without any problems atall. :lol:

you wont have anyproblems fitting this as the hoses are on the same side and position as the std smaller rad, even the fan cowlings are the same size too..so it will fit without any problems atall.

Cool, thats good to know, could be a good upgrade for he stupidly sized standard one!

The Slam panel is different i think, you need to check you have a mounting point for it to the left of the standard one. the big rad is a pig to get in, you need to remove most of the front of the car. also if you ever plan to fit a large upfront intercooler then you are about to block the hole the u bend would go down to. basically you'd need a cooler with the in and out at the same end.

The Slam panel is different i think, you need to check you have a mounting point for it to the left of the standard one. the big rad is a pig to get in, you need to remove most of the front of the car. also if you ever plan to fit a large upfront intercooler then you are about to block the hole the u bend would go down to. basically you'd need a cooler with the in and out at the same end.

humm shouldn't do as the golf g60 / rallyes come with this rad as standard and front mount intercooler and i fit them all the time without removing the front of the cars... :lol: