Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

URGENT Fuel pipe question (Now sorted)

I started my car to day and could smell fuel coming from the engine bay so opened the bonnet to find fuel pouring out all over the alternator from the pipe that runs across in front of the manifold.

Ive taken the pipe off to find that the one end of it had nearly broken off completely (Now has)

Question is it the same pipe on a Golf valver because i can go to the local VW breakers in the morning but i know the don’t have any C's.

OR can i buy this pipe (cheap) from somewhere else without having to wait for them to order it.

Haven’t a clue about tech names for anything so ive put some Pics up of the pipe :D

Also could this pipe have had any thing to do with my bad idle/running recently????

Cheers J

I would think that may cause bad running if it was leaking. The Golf one will have the same dimesions but it'd need to be a 90 on to have the rubber covering on IIRC.

Gavin

Most VW's use standard 8mm fuel pipe available from any motor factor, only need to use the VAG ones if it has a specific moulded shape, sharp bends etc...

Most VW's use standard 8mm fuel pipe available from any motor factor, only need to use the VAG ones if it has a specific moulded shape, sharp bends etc...

It has a couple of bends on it and it looks like its a pipe inside of a pipe, like gavin said about the plastic covering.

Think id be best getting a proper VW one both VAG and Breakers are getting a call in the morning.

JBOB, If you are struggling I am pretty sure I have a braided one in the garage.

Gavin

JBOB, If you are struggling I am pretty sure I have a braided one in the garage.

Gavin

Thanks Gavin but i need to get to work for 12 tomorrow so need the car fixed ASAP, If its ok ill give you a shout if i get really stuck :D

Ive got your number from the very flash business card you gave me with the Passat handles, i managed to find time to fit them yesterday and there great thanks mate.

Ive just posted on clubgti,use early 16v golf 1s as they are braided.I have!

:D Again Cheers mate :D

Right ive got ot sorted, I called my local VW breakers and asked if they had a 90 spec 16v Golf as i needed a part for my Corrado, Turns out they didnt have a Golf but they have a very badly damaged C :( + :D so ive got a new pipe for £3 8) just fitted it and the cars now running again so it looks like i have to go to work now :(

Cheers guys