Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

passat G60 underdrive pulley appplications?

this guy is trying to sell me a G60 crank pulley from a passat G60 claiming that its approx 3mm bigger, this would allow my charger with a 65mm pulley to get more boost. being that I am in the states and I cant check with the local stealer if this is correct, I need one of you blokes in Euroville to tell me if this is true, henny probably already knows and is laughing at my use of "blokes". anyway I need someone to tell me if this is true, also I believe it will work on my 1990 G60 correct? I just need a custom sized belt.

ok so what I got out of the guy after a bit of a struggle was a part number of 037-105-255. so if anyone can check this number for the verification of the fact that its from a passat G60 and if it is actually bigger, I do need someone from europe to check this so basically all of you but the 150 from the US.

Well, searching the PN on ETKA reveals that pulley is fitted to just about everything with a G60 engine, be it, Rallye, Passat, Golf or Corrado.

Unless you can compare it physically with another of a different number or check that yours is different number, I wouldn't bother.

Did you check on vortex? There is one that is different I am sure.

Gavin

I have a 90 corrado. I know they make a bigger one. I am gonna buy it anyway and hope for the best because I am addicted to boost. SNS tuning stated that the 92 passat G60 crank was bigger hmmmm... I dont know all I know is that this is the first time I have heard of this and I know way too much about corrado's to have missed this. I think its because its a passat. anyway I will tell you guys how it goes.

I've also heard of this (and no, I wasn't laughing! ;) ) but I have no idea if it's true or not... From what I could see on Etka, they're all the same pulley, but then Etka's not always as accurate as it should be... :roll:

GazzaG60, yeah, I seem to remember something along those lines too... IIRC, if it had air-con, it had a larger crank pulley to make up the power lost by driving the air-con compressor...

That could explain why my US G60 (with air.con) still pulls 230 us (1850 euro) on the mfa, which equates to about 12 psi on a stock engine and charger.

Note: that is if the MFA boost can be trusted.

all I know is that I have AC but I am checking my pulley number today to make sure that I am not getting what I already have. it would make more sense for them to do that. the MFA is always off I am gonna buy a boost gauge ASAP