Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Track Car

Stripping out my G60 interior today ready to go into the bodyshop tomorrow...

Me and a mate were discussing how bad the sound proofing was and how thin the door cards were etc but when we'd finished I decided to go out for a drive for a laugh to see the difference...

Jesus, it may now look much but those thin door cards, plastic panels and a few bits of carpet and foam make a HUGE difference!!!

I'm still planing to use vast amounts of silicone and dynamat when i get it back tho!

Jesus, it may now look much but those thin door cards, plastic panels and a few bits of carpet and foam make a HUGE difference!!!

Cool, im planning on stripping a lot of my car for the Oulton Park day, wasnt sure if it would be worth it though.

That all depends on whether you can drive or not.

If you can already drive your car to it's absolute limits then yes, a bit of weight saving will help.

If you can't, then don't bother, just concentrate on your driving skills.

aha, just read your sig. I suspect you may have a clue as to what you are doing after all!

strip that baby!

aha, just read your sig. I suspect you may have a clue as to what you are doing after all!

lol!

I was actually meaning from a sound-proofing point of view but the car did feel a bit quicker with just the 2 front seats and dash... I have another 'test' tomorrow am...

BTW - It's very easy to strip the interior, It took me 5 hours with a bit of help from my mate (you need someone to speak to while your their or you just loose motivation and get bored!)

Stripping out my G60 interior today ready to go into the bodyshop tomorrow...

Me and a mate were discussing how bad the sound proofing was and how thin the door cards were etc but when we'd finished I decided to go out for a drive for a laugh to see the difference...

I'm still planing to use vast amounts of silicone and dynamat when i get it back tho!

Even with the headlining out of mine I couldn't believe the extra noise that came into the cabin. Works both ways as well - crank up the stereo and then step outside the car and shut the door - its amazing how much sound DOESNT get out even if you are really blasting it!

lol!

I was actually meaning from a sound-proofing point of view but the car did feel a bit quicker with just the 2 front seats and dash... I have another 'test' tomorrow am...

Think he might have been talking to Joe....

Even with the headlining out of mine I couldn't believe the extra noise that came into the cabin. Works both ways as well - crank up the stereo and then step outside the car and shut the door - its amazing how much sound DOESNT get out even if you are really blasting it!

Yeah - I plan to add weight with the dynamat but I'll try and account for it by not putting the space-saver etc back in, maybe make a storage space for a few tools, the jack, jump leads, multimeter and tyre weld 8) also took out the rear wiper motor but that was disapointingly light...