Sign in to follow this  
Rossco

G60 electrics question

Ok my G60 swap is goin quite well, not horribly quickly but then again you just cant rush these things

lookingood.jpg

As im goin im checking things and ive come accross a couple of issues, all my interior lights come on, the dials have the digital mileage and it comes up and the fan works but when i turn the key to position one the only light that come on on the clocks is the handbrake light, the oil light and the battery light dont come on. Also my fuel pump was super noisy before i swapped lumps and when i turned the key to the afore mentioned position 1 you would hear eeeeennnnnn as it primed but theres nothing now although when the key is turned fully the engine will turn over, the only plug engine side that i havent connected is the CO pot one but i can see that making any difference.

One of my mates rekoned that the live feed to the ecu might not be connected but ive plugged all 4 block plugs into the fuse board, there are a couple of extra wires hanging about but apparently there for auxilary equipment like abs and stuff, anyone come up with any suggestions

Cheers

Ross

Have you fitted the digifant control unit relay, this is what powers up the ECU and hence the fuel pump. Make sure its plugged into the fusebox.

Hope that helps

jay

I changed all the relays over so that my fuse box in the valver was exactly the same as the G60 one, it involved adding a relay and swapping one, anyone know the relay numbers, replys are greatly receieved

Was just about to suggest the same, this problem came up with someone else a few months back.

OT, but, is the rotation on your front tyres the correct way round?

Was just about to suggest the same, this problem came up with someone else a few months back.

OT, but, is the rotation on your front tyres the correct way round?

Ha ha fair boy, nah the wheels arent on properly man, just held on wi one nut to keep them out of the way :lol:

have a word with Cheesy. He's just done this and had similar problems... It's probably dead simple to cure... 8)

Ok update here, due to me being retarded and not plugging the ecu plug in properly, the fuel pump is now priming large. However there are still no lights comming up on the dash bar the handbrake one, any ideas??

Is the alternator connected up properly, in particular the blue sensing wire.

Are all the oil pressure sensors connected? One on the side of the head the other on the oil filter housing. Yellow and blue/black wires I think.

Gavin

I would go with what Gavin has said

the prob i had was with the fuel pump/ecu power which was the relay

chris

I have other issues with my electrics as the guy who helped me do it has kinda left me a little in the mess with it

Is the alternator connected up properly, in particular the blue sensing wire.

Are all the oil pressure sensors connected? One on the side of the head the other on the oil filter housing. Yellow and blue/black wires I think.

Gavin

Yep its all connected up, could anyone post up some pics of how it should look, especially the oil pressure ones so i can compare it with what i have??

Ta